• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for Princess please ='(

Did she have an abdominal Xray or U/S to rule out a full obstruction ?

was she given any fluids under her skin ?

I was given neither however I did suggest an xray if she is alive tomorrow. She moved around slightley before but has again stopped and hunched in the middle of the floor =(

Im at work in the morning currently seeing if anyone can cover my shift

ive woken up to 3 extremely black poo's, Is this a good sign?

Better than nothing. Is she on Ranitidine ? The blackness *might* indicate some bleeding in the GI tract from ulceration. GI ulcers can occur rapidly with any period of anorexia. So Ranitidine would help. I'd take both Princess and the poo samples back to the Vet this morning as she will require ongoing treatment.

Sending more vibes xx

ive woken up to 3 extremely black poo's, Is this a good sign?

It's good that she's passing, Harvey's poos are always disgusting coming around from bloat really shrivelled and black, the others have had black poos post-stasis as well.

As Jane says though show them to your vet, you should start seeing normal poos pretty soon hopefully x

Better than nothing. Is she on Ranitidine ? The blackness *might* indicate some bleeding in the GI tract from ulceration. GI ulcers can occur rapidly with any period of anorexia. So Ranitidine would help. I'd take both Princess and the poo samples back to the Vet this morning as she will require ongoing treatment.

Sending more vibes xx

Jane is Buscopan good to use in this case? You suggested I use it when Twix had bloat and it seemed to help him! I didn't want to suggest it without checking with you!

Shes still only passing black poops to massive clumps :shock: and I mean massive!! :shock:

shes moving around alot more now though I watched her have a little run around the kitchen before I am worried however as she is eating ive tried tempting her with, food, hay, fruit and veg shes just sniffing it and nt touching it :( her bellies gone down alot aswell which is good.

It does sound a bit more hopeful, although not eating yet is not so good. Have you had more contact with her vet?

Back