• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet's secret files

[emoji38]

it does always seem to be a different vet every time but some of them that i don't even recognise seem to know Pepper. I think they probably see him out back during his stays.

I had a nice phone call out of the blue earlier in the week - it was one of the vets from Vale calling to find out how Pepper was doing :)
Aww thats lovely!

You know I once had a vet who wanted to see how Flopsy was moving about and check he wasn't walking on his looong ears.

So popped him on the floor. Flopsy just sat,you know when they hunker down and try and glue themselves to the floor?

Vet was unconcerned and assumed he was stressed so released Primrose to help! He'd done it before I could warn him that she was a little houdini.

While the vet realeased Primrise, Flopsy saw the door open and went straight through the vets knees into the carrier! It was like a comedy sketch honestly.

Took ages to catch Primrose though, that slippy rex fur combined with her wits were dangerous! Eventually she jumped in the bin and we managed to nab her.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I have never had any bitey scratchy bunny times unfortunately.
No biters, but Lopsy would get very scared and just kick off if he was restrained and poked about. Blunt claws with lots of power behind :S We all have the scars. Not too bad with a vaccination. He's mellowed in his old age :love:

Aww thats lovely!

You know I once had a vet who wanted to see how Flopsy was moving about and check he wasn't walking on his looong ears.

So popped him on the floor. Flopsy just sat,you know when they hunker down and try and glue themselves to the floor?

Vet was unconcerned and assumed he was stressed so released Primrose to help! He'd done it before I could warn him that she was a little houdini.

While the vet realeased Primrise, Flopsy saw the door open and went straight through the vets knees into the carrier! It was like a comedy sketch honestly.

Took ages to catch Primrose though, that slippy rex fur combined with her wits were dangerous! Eventually she jumped in the bin and we managed to nab her.

:lol:

Aww thats lovely!

This is hilarious :lol:

It was terribly funny looking back although at the time we felt awful about it.

I think the poor vet was new as well and the bunnies were still new to us at the time and we were not experienced bunny catchers!

Susan's secret file would state "grumpy thumper"

Rups would state "kicker"

Owners file would state "emotional and needs email sending after appointment to make sure she understands"

Owners husbands file would state "keeps saying how much"

Susan's secret file would state "grumpy thumper"

Rups would state "kicker"

Owners file would state "emotional and needs email sending after appointment to make sure she understands"

Owners husbands file would state "keeps saying how much"
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] my husbands would definitely say that too!

This is a hilarious thread and making me realise how EASY my buns are :lol: They are NOT easy, we're TERRIBLE handlers, but at least you lot (CarelessSquid mostly :lol:) have worse bunnies :twisted:

Just got back from taking Tulip for her vacc.
i think her file must be very bad as the vet said she wasn't even going to attempt to give her a check-up.... although when she was handed back there was a small report of her general condition.

at least that's it for both of them for another year :thumb:

Just got back from taking Tulip for her vacc.
i think her file must be very bad as the vet said she wasn't even going to attempt to give her a check-up.... although when she was handed back there was a small report of her general condition.

at least that's it for both of them for another year :thumb:
Oh no I wonder what her file must say???

Is Tulip part wild?

I must have missed you as I ended up popping to Vale to drop in my mother in laws piggy who died today [emoji25]

:shock: no health check ! I hope you got 50% off

One of my first bunnies (can't remember if it was Ralph or Angel) leapt up from the consulting table in the direction of this shelving unit & knocked half the syringes, swabs etc all over the shop

I'm enjoying this thread. Treacle was a little angel, she had star patient noted on her file. My cat George is another matter, he is terrified of vets. I remember one vet trying to take his temperature, I was holding him wearing my dad's old leather gauntlets (George not the vet :lol:) he was spitting and hissing, never got his temperature taken, vet was very pale :lol:

I'm enjoying this thread. Treacle was a little angel, she had star patient noted on her file. My cat George is another matter, he is terrified of vets. I remember one vet trying to take his temperature, I was holding him wearing my dad's old leather gauntlets (George not the vet [emoji38]) he was spitting and hissing, never got his temperature taken, vet was very pale [emoji38]
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

That's hilarious [emoji38]

:shock: no health check ! I hope you got 50% off

One of my first bunnies (can't remember if it was Ralph or Angel) leapt up from the consulting table in the direction of this shelving unit & knocked half the syringes, swabs etc all over the shop

I saw Joeys and it said to monitor Jaffa intake

Oh no I wonder what her file must say???

Is Tulip part wild?

I must have missed you as I ended up popping to Vale to drop in my mother in laws piggy who died today [emoji25]

I'm totally ignorant of Tulip's history or ancestry but she has been trouble from day 1. i do love her though :thumb:

I'm enjoying this thread. Treacle was a little angel, she had star patient noted on her file. My cat George is another matter, he is terrified of vets. I remember one vet trying to take his temperature, I was holding him wearing my dad's old leather gauntlets (George not the vet :lol:) he was spitting and hissing, never got his temperature taken, vet was very pale :lol:

Ha ha ha

I once took a huge goldfish to the vets to be put down, he had been attacked by a heron who had ripped his jaw. The fish was in a large wide bucket as he was over 15 inches long. He took one look at the vets and leapt out of the bucket and slid across the waiting room floor.

I bet the note on my account that day read something daft lol.

Rodney and Blossom had their health checks today.

Blossom was a dream as always. Rodney err not so much, he has feisty all over his files and luckily it's the vet that sees him most often so she new what to expect.

However rookie error by the nurse in doing Rodney's nails before the vet took a look at him, freshly sharpened wriggly bun....

Thankfully no blood this time!

Freshly cut nails have lots of sharp edges. We do not have vacs for rabbits in my location, though it is scary to think what carnage can happen if the virus got here. Hope Blossom and Rodney do well.

Back