• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet's secret files

mikek

Warren Veteran
Pepper had his triple vacc this morning :thumb:

Tulip is going in this afternoon and it will be the same vet so i thought i'd give her advanced warning of what to expect - especially as last time the vet came out looking rather shocked, but this morning the (different) vet seemed well aware of what to expect. i'm sure they keep secret files on all their difficult patients :lol:

lLtLrF6.jpg

Rodney and Blossom had their health checks today.

Blossom was a dream as always. Rodney err not so much, he has feisty all over his files and luckily it's the vet that sees him most often so she new what to expect.

However rookie error by the nurse in doing Rodney's nails before the vet took a look at him, freshly sharpened wriggly bun....

Thankfully no blood this time!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Rodney and Blossom had their health checks today.

Blossom was a dream as always. Rodney err not so much, he has feisty all over his files and luckily it's the vet that sees him most often so she new what to expect.

However rookie error by the nurse in doing Rodney's nails before the vet took a look at him, freshly sharpened wriggly bun....

Thankfully no blood this time!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

surprised i didn't see you at the vets. i was at Vale from 09:00 to 09:30

Last edited:
Tulip the jumper . Mouse is down as a biter :( she really didn't mean to.

:(

i wonder how long it stays on their records. i mean, bit unfair if it was just a friendly warning nip that happened years ago. and the vet might've deserved it

They're at City Vets in Exeter now.

I got a bit fed up with referrals as my rabbits seem to need at least one a year. Although I miss the short drive!

Plus I really like that I can book with a specific vet if it's not an emergency so they get consistency of care which was a real issue with Vale.

:(

i wonder how long it stays on their records. i mean, bit unfair if it was just a friendly warning nip that happened years ago. and the vet might've deserved it

Good point, I'll appeal for it to be removed. It was a while ago & if criminal convictions can be considered "spent" then the same dignity should be afforded to our rabbits. I think her charges were wounding & affray :lol:

Good point, I'll appeal for it to be removed. It was a while ago & if criminal convictions can be considered "spent" then the same dignity should be afforded to our rabbits. I think her charges were wounding & affray [emoji38]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] she should definitely appeal on good behaviour grounds.

Good point, I'll appeal for it to be removed. It was a while ago & if criminal convictions can be considered "spent" then the same dignity should be afforded to our rabbits. I think her charges were wounding & affray :lol:

ROFL :lol:

Good point, I'll appeal for it to be removed. It was a while ago & if criminal convictions can be considered "spent" then the same dignity should be afforded to our rabbits. I think her charges were wounding & affray [emoji38]
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Clementine has "aggressive and bites" on her file..[emoji51]

Atticus just has a list of allergies in big red letters that come up [emoji38]

I don't think there's anything on the white buns, they were apparently really well behaved and everyone loved Apricot, but was sad they didn't know her name when she went to accompany Penelope for her op [emoji38]

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Clementine has "aggressive and bites" on her file..[emoji51]

Atticus just has a list of allergies in big red letters that come up [emoji38]

I don't think there's anything on the white buns, they were apparently really well behaved and everyone loved Apricot, but was sad they didn't know her name when she went to accompany Penelope for her op [emoji38]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i can just imagine a vet reviewing the file beforehand and saying to a colleague 'would you like to take this one?'

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

i can just imagine a vet reviewing the file beforehand and saying to a colleague 'would you like to take this one?'
We used to have a vet that would see that Primrose was coming in that day and make sure she saw her. She was the one that treated her first husbun Flopsy when we lost him and she always wanted to see how she was coping. I was sad when she moved away.

I do wonder if that's why I never saw the same vet at Vale Vets?? Rodney thumped the vet in the ribs on his first visit there...

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Honestly, Clementine is so sweet, she's super affectionate if she likes you, she just hates the vets, and hasn't had the best experiences there unfortunately

We used to have a vet that would see that Primrose was coming in that day and make sure she saw her. She was the one that treated her first husbun Flopsy when we lost him and she always wanted to see how she was coping. I was sad when she moved away.

I do wonder if that's why I never saw the same vet at Vale Vets?? Rodney thumped the vet in the ribs on his first visit there...

:lol:

it does always seem to be a different vet every time but some of them that i don't even recognise seem to know Pepper. I think they probably see him out back during his stays.

I had a nice phone call out of the blue earlier in the week - it was one of the vets from Vale calling to find out how Pepper was doing :)

Toby had pop up notes on his file like “Toby has eaten rubber size of 50p coin” & “Toby has eaten Cacti”

I have never had any bitey scratchy bunny times unfortunately.

We did see a local non savvy vet when we first had maple to get her vaccinated quickly and the vet said she prefers the rabbits to be on the floor as she’s had some try to run off the table. She took a hands off calm approach and me and oh looked at each other because we know Syrup needs the full burrito, straight jacket complete with padlock. Next thing Maple is kicking of big time and doing victory laps round the room with the vet chasing behind her. Uncle John can wrangle Syrup with one hand and injection in the other. He ain’t messing about

Back