• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets again at 4.45pm

We're back!

Teeth checked again, Louie is getting very used to it now and was very good, no problems with teeth.

Plenty of good stomach sounds, temperature normal, no build up of waste in intestines.

Vet is sure it's an ongoing problem with his gut movement and not diet related. We are trying him on a months course of Zantac, to be taken daily. He has had painkiller also and has come home and dived into his tea :D

Back to the vets if the Zantac doesn't do the trick.

Thanks Susie.

The Vet also asked me if Louie had suffered any stress lately, I said, no, nothing has happened any differently to normal. Could he be picking up on my stress, I wonder?

Glad he's back - hopefully the zantac will do the trick..

I think they do pick up on our stress.

He has a very close bond with me so could be that he is picking up on it.

He was weighed as well and we will be keeping a close eye on him. He is 4.8lbs which the vet says is fine :D

He was weighed as well and we will be keeping a close eye on him. He is 4.8lbs which the vet says is fine :D

It probably is that, I know Apache (my horse) gets grumpy when I'm stressed..

Louie is a big boy :shock: So much more to cuddle. :love:

Good luck with the zantac.

Before Ginger arrived, Biscuit and I (but not my wife) had a REALLY close bond. He would ALWAYS pick up on my stress and would often refuse food, refuse to poop/wee and suffered from seperation anxiety.

Also, re the teeth check, you say they were checked again and were fine, but as i'm sure you know, it's almost impossible to see all the teeth without sedation/GA due to the way a rabbits mouth is formed - it could be the tiniest of molars that is annoying him, but then with the pain relief and gut mobility drugs, he forgets about it, until they wear off.

Just an idea, but i'm glad he's home and eating again Lily :love:

Back