• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Very worried about Apricot :(

Graciee

Staff member
She sounds terrible like super snotty and her face is all green and gross :( vet can't see her til Friday, it seems too long :(

She had antibiotics for this but seemed okay after and then this weekend it seems to have like exploded :(

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I agree I wouldn't want to wait until Friday :(

Perhaps the original abx wasn't a long enough course, or maybe she should be on a different abx.

I agree I wouldn't want to wait until Friday :(

Perhaps the original abx wasn't a long enough course, or maybe she should be on a different abx.
The only other time was Wednesday but Michael is having an mri at the exact same time and I just don't think I can make it, if I has someone to watch Evelyn maybe, but that won't happen :(

Yea she's just so snotty and congested like she sounds crackly. William is in from 1pm tomorrow I might call then and just ask if he'll see her. I'm worried she can't breath properly :(

Sorry, but I’d be demanding she’s seen today. Even waiting til Wednesday is too long, IMO. Not wanting to stress you out even more but if she is as poorly as she sounds acute pneumonia is a real possibility and that can have a really poor outcome

If the practice you are registered with won’t see her today I’d phone around to find one who will. Not sure how far you are from the RVC Beaumont Sainsbury in Camden, pretty sure they would see Apricot if you explain the situation

https://www.rvc.ac.uk/contact-us

Sending lots of vibes x

I would be camping out on the doorstep of my vet. Maybe they can prescribe something that you can pick up today, without an appointment.

Thanks both x

As soon as I posted again I was like nah this can't wait, they spoke to William he's fitted me in today. So I hope he can help her :(

She's still eating ane pooping okay atm thankfully but I can tell she's not well in herself, Apricot looks really dishevelled when she's unwell :(

I can't believe how quickly it's gotten this bad though :(

Thanks everyone

It's not great news

Antibiotics, anti inflammatories and he's made some stuff for the nebuliser for her.

Xray shows no big abscess, but could be loads of little ones which there's no fix for.

Could be cancer but he's doubtful due to discharge

She's working really hard to breathe

Could do a CT but doesn't think it's good idea rn so going to try treatment first

He said a tupperware with holes is better than carrier but she's too big so I've just bought a really useful box on amazon for tomorrow morning delivery, I'll drill some air holes at the top and one at the bottom for the nebuliser :( can't believe ima stick her in a box :/

I can't believe how quickly this has progressed I've really let her down :(

Oh Grace I am so sorry :( I hope it's not cancer and this treatment works. Don't think about the box, hope the Box works well, I hope she's alright, I'll pray for Apricot :( xxx

I'm so sorry the news isn't great :( Hopefully the meds will help her. The 'box' sounds really innovative and it's great that you will have it tomorrow morning.

Thinking of you too as well as sending loads of vibes for Apricot.

Is Apricot outside, Gracie? If so, you might consider bringing her inside for a few days. It's not desperately cold atm, but she might appreciate having a bit more warmth.

Thanks both xx
Is Apricot outside, Gracie? If so, you might consider bringing her inside for a few days. It's not desperately cold atm, but she might appreciate having a bit more warmth.
No she's been living in my kitchen with Willoughby for nearly a year now, I was planning to put them both out in the shed when it arrives. So nah she's in a puppy panel enclosure with a open cage inside it on a piece of lino coz my floor still needs to be sealed. So she's fairly cosy tbh

Back