• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Very poorly rabbit

Just read through your thread there for the first time.....i was hoping that it was going to be good news.
I really feel for you and my thoughts are with you.
I am almost tearful at my work desk thinking about it.
Hope things get easier for you.

Kirsty x

I am so so sorry to hear this. It sounds to me too similar to what happened to my beautiful Princess on Tuesday. I have no idea what is going on with rabbits on here at the moment. I am thinking of you at this dreadful time x

I've lost my Honey, she couldnt walk at all, i had to have her put to sleep, i want her back with me so much i feel like im dieing to, im sorry xxxx

I'm so sorry you & Honey lost your battle. My thoughts are with you today, I know exactly how hard the next few weeks will be.

FROM FRIEND TO FRIEND

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady bun,
My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.

I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young rabbit once again.

Binky Free Honey x

:cry:Like Kirsty I too have been following your thread and today hoped for good news. I'm so sorry, I know what you're going through and my heart goes out to you. You did everything you could and its so heartening to know there are people out there to help us through these difficult times. I wished I'd known about this site when Fluffy ( my daughter named him! ) was battling for his life and sadly losing.
It was a long time before we could face having rabbits again, so much so we gave everything away to local animal rescues. Now we have a wonderful rescue bun and she has brought joy and laughter to our home again.
My thoughts go with you at this sad time.

LizX

really really very sorry to hear about Honey, have been keeping tabs on her progress. You tried soooo hard but sounds like some underlying problem. At least you were there with her:love:

Thank you all so very much, & i mean that with all of my heart, i know that she was not going to win this last fight last night, the emergency vet gave me some hope has she said Honey was just in pain, but in the back of my mind i know it was bad when she lost control of her front legs. Honey was on my bed all night & her legs stayed the same.
I got straight in at the vets this morning & she said she could put Honey on a drip but it doesn't look good or i can let her go & be in peace, by this time i was a mess, but then the vet put her on the floor & Honey was so scared & went into the wall as she lost control, it was horrible to watch & i know i had no choice but to let her be free of all this pain & suffering.
I hold her while the vet gave her the injection & she didn't even move. It was very peaceful & i brought her home with me, i called the crematorium & took her there but i can't have her back till wednesday as he is going away today.
Most of you know how painful it is to lose someone you love so very much but i was so lucky that she chose me to look after her & even though my heart was & is still breaking, i know i did the right thing in letting her go, but i wanted to say please put her on the drip & give her an other chance.
SOOZ thank sweetheart for the lovely poem i am printing it of, you have been a rock to me & Honey.
Thank you all & good bless you xxxxxxxxxx

Thinking of you.

That was a very brave decision to make for Honey, it is so hard to let them go if there is a 'chance'. I am sure you have made the right decision for Honey, she will be pain free now and running around at Rainbow Bridge.

Sleep tight Honey xx

i have also just read all this about honey, im so sorry darling, but god knows u tried, many would of given up way before. u tried soooooo hard. thinking of u xx

I've just finished reading this entire thread. You did everything you possibly could do for Honey and gave her the greatest gift of all at the end..a peaceful passing. Thinking of you today.

You're an inspiration for taking care of Honey so well. My heart goes out to you it really does.

God bless you and Honey

xxxx

Back