• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vent your anger about the freezing cold weather HERE!

Brrrrrrr!

I dont usually mind the winter but this one is way to cold for the Buns!... I hate frozen bottle changes, Its been getting very slippy going up and down to my rabbits all day so we have now put them in our utility room.. It isnt heatedbut defo warmer than outside!.. Water isnt freezing now which is a good sign... They are happy and it also means i can take one of my does for her spay knowing i can keep her warm and close to the other 8.......:) BUT I HATE DRIVING 10 MILES EVERY NIGHT TO PICK UP MY DAUGHTER FROM WORK IN SNOW ON ICY ROADS!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!
I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, thanks for listening.

It's cold down here but we've only had about 3" of snow, so we're very lucky.

I can't believe the lack of common sense round here. It only takes a shovel, brush, 2 neurones & 20mins applying the forementioned to get a path through the pavement in front of our homes, & a neat ridge of snow on the pavement to protect us from traffic splashes. If we all did our bit - we could all get around safely on Shanks pony. The postie could even use his bike & children get to school (if they still know what legs are for).

And just let anyone try to sue me. My stretch of pavement is a :censored: sight safer than anyone elses.

Mutter mutter.

It's cold down here but we've only had about 3" of snow, so we're very lucky.

I can't believe the lack of common sense round here. It only takes a shovel, brush, 2 neurones & 20mins applying the forementioned to get a path through the pavement in front of our homes, & a neat ridge of snow on the pavement to protect us from traffic splashes. If we all did our bit - we could all get around safely on Shanks pony. The postie could even use his bike & children get to school (if they still know what legs are for).

And just let anyone try to sue me. My stretch of pavement is a :censored: sight safer than anyone elses.

Mutter mutter.

We have too much snow here to do that, over 2 feet, more in some areas. People have been out to attempt to clear the roads as best they can, because there are no ploughs coming anywhere near us.

They shovel the snow onto the pavement, and there is nowhere left to shovel the snow that is on the pavement, which is now covered in 4 feet plus of snow and ice in places. As it is, there has been enough cleared to just get one car through, and even with the clearing, the road is still covered in snow and ice. It's been too cold the last few days and nights for the salt that a few people have managed to put down, to actually work.

I have never experienced so much snow.

There are massive icicles hanging off most houses, and they are causing a problem themselves, as they are crashing down whenever they fancy, often within a whisker of hitting someone.

Sorry I just had to rant about it all again! :oops:

I do agree though, that if there is a small amount of snow, then people should clear paths and pavements themselves, if they are able to. Nor should the schools be shut for 3" of snow, as long as there is no more forecast, and postie should be out there!

-.- school just made us stand outside in -11 for half an hour, only to tell us our bueses werent coming and we should go home!
am still trying to warm up from it..sooo cold.
and one of my bottle broke cause of the cold :(

-.- school just made us stand outside in -11 for half an hour, only to tell us our bueses werent coming and we should go home!
am still trying to warm up from it..sooo cold.
and one of my bottle broke cause of the cold :(

Poor you! Hope you warm up soon! Hope you have a spare bottle.

We were -16 when my kids were supposed to leave for school, so I kept them off. The council here have opened the schools, but are leaving it up to the parents to decide if they consider it safe for their kids, which I think is a great idea.

We have too much snow here to do that, over 2 feet, more in some areas. People have been out to attempt to clear the roads as best they can, because there are no ploughs coming anywhere near us.

They shovel the snow onto the pavement, and there is nowhere left to shovel the snow that is on the pavement, which is now covered in 4 feet plus of snow and ice in places. As it is, there has been enough cleared to just get one car through, and even with the clearing, the road is still covered in snow and ice. It's been too cold the last few days and nights for the salt that a few people have managed to put down, to actually work.

I have never experienced so much snow.

There are massive icicles hanging off most houses, and they are causing a problem themselves, as they are crashing down whenever they fancy, often within a whisker of hitting someone.

Sorry I just had to rant about it all again! :oops:

I do agree though, that if there is a small amount of snow, then people should clear paths and pavements themselves, if they are able to. Nor should the schools be shut for 3" of snow, as long as there is no more forecast, and postie should be out there!

I had no intention of belittling your very severe difficulties in Scotland. You guys wouldn't notice 3". I lived in Edinburgh for 7 years & Shetland for 2years. It sounds much much worse than anything I ever knew.

Poor you! Hope you warm up soon! Hope you have a spare bottle.

We were -16 when my kids were supposed to leave for school, so I kept them off. The council here have opened the schools, but are leaving it up to the parents to decide if they consider it safe for their kids, which I think is a great idea.

I know our school is pretty empty today. What i dont understand is how glasgow an that have closed, and west lothian havent...:?

GOt up at 3am to check the bottles they were frozen yet again 5th time in 24 hours. Lucky I have spare ones for each bottle so its a swap over. I have 3 outside hutches what today are being brought into the sheds. I know it cutting floor space of for the rest but its gone beyond a joke here.Do I want 4 frozen to death bunnys or 3 lots of groups having less than rwa recomened space .I know what I have choose.

We are getting our post through. And if we walk down to the main street whats a 30 min walk we can get a bus. My cars been stuck in the drive for a week now as I am on a hill. Hubby has parked his one down on the main street so he can get to work each day.

Only good thing is I am glad I kept the baby contis inside after I collected them from Kay a week or so ago. So there happ having the run of the house with Lily rose.

Ok thats my moan over I will get back outside and dig out the drive some more .

I had no intention of belittling your very severe difficulties in Scotland. You guys wouldn't notice 3". I lived in Edinburgh for 7 years & Shetland for 2years. It sounds much much worse than anything I ever knew.

Sorry, I was just having a rant, and comparing things to what you had, not moaning about your thread :oops:

I think we've just run out of places to put our snow, until all the main routes are cleared and the diggers can get here. Although the little pavement diggers would get snowed under in this :lol:

I have lived near to Edinburgh all my life and have never had anything like this.

And a digger has just arrived to dig us out! And since there are no cars parked on the pavement we've even had the pavement cleared :shock: Pity about the parked cars a few doors down.

If i had a drive i'd let you!

Can you just dump it outside?

I seriosuly want some snow.

We'll dump it all over your paths and gardens, and then add daytime temps of minus 8 if you're good, or minus 11 if you're not! As for nights, minus 18 might be nice.

And no sobbing, your tears will freeze :lol:

Wish we could share it. We're got more than enough for everyone :lol:

We'll dump it all over your paths and gardens, and then add daytime temps of minus 8 if you're good, or minus 11 if you're not! As for nights, minus 18 might be nice.

And no sobbing, your tears will freeze :lol:

Wish we could share it. We're got more than enough for everyone :lol:

we did -8 not last night, but the night before.

The trees had very pretty frosts! :shock:

Its -2 here atm according to the car! (yes, im sad and just went and looked)

we did -8 not last night, but the night before.

The trees had very pretty frosts! :shock:

Its -2 here atm according to the car! (yes, im sad and just went and looked)

Minus 8 is positively warm for night :lol:

We have that just now.

its -10 here at the moment and dropping . I am a person who you never normally see in a jumper and this year I have had to go and buy loads and my hubby is shocked I am even wearing a hat outside . In all the 10 years he has knowing me I would never have aa hat on my head

its -10 here at the moment and dropping . I am a person who you never normally see in a jumper and this year I have had to go and buy loads and my hubby is shocked I am even wearing a hat outside . In all the 10 years he has knowing me I would never have aa hat on my head.

Back