• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination amnesty

My two are both up to date, and took them back for another Myxi jab as a precaution, as over six months ago, my vet said they need'nt be done again, but I just wanted to be sure:roll:

all the buns back home have all had their myxi done after Holly caught it, but they all need to have thier VHD.

Lionel has had his myxi but not VHD as he's been so bloomin ill hes still on other meds now and can't have the VHD until they have stopped!
Lolly was meant to have myxi yesterday but the vet was off sick so shes having it Thurs now, so she should be ready to have VHD the same time as Lionel :)

Mine haven't had theirs yet:oops: been a bit low on funds recently:oops: (do have money too care for them and for vet treament before anyone says anything;) ). but have saved up enough now to get all 4 done just after christmas:D

My two are both myxied and VHD'd. The vet the last time recommended six monthly myxi so they'll be having that done in spring.

I've had rabbits for quite a few years now, and while Harvey used to have VHD he never had the myxi one as the vet said it wasn't necessary. This year they are now recommending it. I think it would be quite easy not to realise how important they are as even with the VHD one it was because I was aware of it and not because the vet said it was needed.

Last edited:
Most vets I have heard of seem to recommend Myxi but not VHD, you wonder why not when there is moe cash in it for them to make people aware :?

I'll confess!!!! Wispa isnt vaccinated.

This is only because i was waiting until she had settled in before subjecting her to the wonder that is the vet. Hopefully she will have them on thursday or friday and if not next week. When she goes to get her jabs she's also going to have a quick check up to make sure she is one healthy bun :D

My own rabbits are up to date, Tilly had her myxi on Monday, is going in for her spay next week and will be having VHD when she gets her stitches taken out :D

My 13 are up to date with VHD and had myxi vac last spring. I have quizzed my vet about 6 monthly but she says there's not a need to here but she would be in touch if there was a need. So they are yearly on myxi at mo.

I do confess though we have 3 girls left to spey :oops: The other 10 are all done. The remaining girls are just over a year old and will be being done in January/ Feb before the spring hormones kick in! :D

Mine are up to date with both myxi and VHD. I would've lost Monty this year had he not been vaccinated against myxi so to me its even more important than ever :)

She's 9.5 and is recovering from myxi? ^-^ What a star! She must be a very special bunny.

yes she really is she is a draling she is old but is fairly sprightly she has gone off the rain in her old age and does not binky as much or jump so high but she is otherwise the same happy bunny as always...nearly recovered now/xx

Both of mine are due for myxi and VHD. Have not been able to have one of them done as he has been on abx and was told he needed to be off them for at least a week before he had his myxi and then 2 weeks later for VHD.

He will be going in for GA next week for his dental - would he be able to have his myxi at the same time or should I try and take him this week?

All four of mine are up to date with myxi and VHD.
Vet only recommends once a year myxi injection round here.

All 40 of mine have 6 monthly Myxi Vacs, yearly VHD Vacs and they are all neutered

Janex

It has never occured to before but how the heck do you get them all to the vets Jane? :shock: :lol: I struggle with 9... :D

Back