• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination amnesty

mine r all up to date but Jelly didnt et hers til 2 months after the others did, she had unexpectadly given birth so i had to wait and i felt awful. especially when one of her bbaies got myxi :'(

theother four babies and jelly were fine, i brought them indoors for a while and trie to sheidl them best i could with netting and stuff. but to this day iw ill feel awful :'(

My 2 are sort of up to date. They have their VHD and Myxi every April, but don't get a repeat of the myxi as my vet's haven't had a case of myxi yet so consider us low risk - partly beause we are so high up here and even in the hottest of summers I don't think a mozzie has been seen in the area. If there were any myxi in the area then they would have their second vac.

On my vets advice, mine get both vaccinations once a year, in the spring. My new house buns haven't yet been vaccinated, I've only had them a few weeks. They will be done at next vet appiontment just before christmas.

None of our Myxi are up to date.....the vet will be here tomorrow morning for a mass vaccination session :shock:

All VHD are done for the year :D

All my buns are up to date and always will be.

Seven years ago i was given an 8 week old french lop (Rodney Trotter) My first ever bunnie he wasn't vacc there was a mix up in communication at the vets. The vet told me to vacc from six months and then denied this later. (luckily i had a witness) At five months he got myxi, and despite the greatest of efforts by myself, a different vet and quite a lot of cash i had to have him put to sleep.

that bunnie suffered cos of my ignorance

I will do everthing that i can to prevent any bunnie getting ill.

Having ten is very expensive but for my peace of mind and their health well worth it.

All the rescue/ fosters are vacc neutered and wormed before they leave me

It is down to personal choice though

Lexie needs her jabs but because she is having a heavy bout of pasteurella (with lots of lovely gunky snot) I am not going to put more pressure on her immune system for the time being.

Most of the rescues are not vacinated.

Molly and Faline are up do date with both. We're currently working through the step buns (2 a month) so some are not up to date with their vhd.

I'm not goint to get the myxi done every 6 months. I have my doubts about the vaccine anyway since it has such poor statistics and I'd rather save the extra £112 for any other treatments they might need. The only time I'd change to 6 months is if my vets warned of a serious outbreak.

Our local rescue only vaccs against vhd.

Mine are up-to-date including rescue, bar....

Nibbles
Thelma
Skippy

with the cylap we've not done them as they've not been advised by the vets to do them. To be honest I wasn't going to get Nibbles doen with myx, but I bit the bullet and did her with that, I was so paranoid it was going to make her sick, as she's a frail old thing. :(

Alvin has had his jabs, the myxo is yearly as its a low risk area im in..... there was 0 cases at our vets when i had him neutured.

My 2 are up to date, but only had one myx vaccination this year instead of 2, due to their poor health. They always seem to need a dose of Metoclopramide after a vaccination - both VHD and Myx.

mine are up to date. I am considering giving them their myxi jabs every 6 months because the effectiveness tails off towards the end of the year.

*however* my confesssion is that when I got poppy, it was 6 months before i had her vacc'd. I don't know how it happend but I read several rabbit books and none of them seemed to stress how important vaccs are - it was more like a "do it if you feel like it" approach. :shock: so i didn't realise the necessity till i came here.

Mine are all upto date :angel:
A word of warning to Nottingham owners. THere is a note at my vets stating that they have seen a lot of Myxi buns so to get them vacd :D

Mine are all done.

A friend of mine lost 5 of her 6 bunnies to myxi, 4 of them had been vaccinated and she still lost them :?
Vet round the corner from me was inundated (sp?) with myxi buns :cry:

Mine are all done.

A friend of mine lost 5 of her 6 bunnies to myxi, 4 of them had been vaccinated and she still lost them :?
Vet round the corner from me was inundated (sp?) with myxi buns :cry:

It's things like that that make me wonder how many vaccinated buns actually recover from myxi.

Back