• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

UTI help appreciated for Treacle Update 6/5/19

Vets just rang, she has been on an IV drip all day, they have been syringe feeding her, but is now nibbling on hay and hopping around. They are happy for her to come home later. Apparently she now holds the record for nibbling through an IV line the quickest, they had to put a little buster collar on her ! We're not out of the woods yet, but she'd been peeing ok these last couple of days, so not really sure what caused today's episode. To be honest I'm not 100% sure she has been getting the full amount of abx from the syringe when I've done it, as her chest fur has been wet.
Thank you so much everyone for your good wishes and vibes, me and Treacle really appreciate them xxxx

Great news, bless her chewing through the IV line! I hope she continues to improve once she’s home x

Ah - that's a positive update and I'm sure Treacle will be so pleased to be back home with you in her familar surroundings. I'm sure she will continue to improve from the love and warmth that you will be giving her. Sending more vibes for Treacle and a hug for you. x

I'm so sorry to read that Treacle has had a set back. But I'm pleased that she is now a bit brighter and can come home later today. xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Topping up the vibes for little Miss Treacle. I hope she is able to come home soon.

We're home ! She's like a different bun from this morning, really bouncy, not sure what caused the problem this morning, I honestly thought that was it !
Thank you once again, you lovely people for being so caring xxx

I’m so pleased to hear that she’s home and looking so well. I hope you can all get a good nights sleep tonight. Sending lots of continuing to feel better vibes x

We're home ! She's like a different bun from this morning, really bouncy, not sure what caused the problem this morning, I honestly thought that was it !
Thank you once again, you lovely people for being so caring xxx

Great news and I hope that she remains well now xx

Great news - and I hope she continues to feed off your love and warmth. She clearly responded well to being back with you. Good girl Treacle. Topping up the vibes. xx

Great news - and I hope she continues to feed off your love and warmth. She clearly responded well to being back with you. Good girl Treacle. Topping up the vibes. xx

Oh thanks Craig, that's really nice, yes we do have a good bond, she's my little girlie :love:

Back