• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent

I just wanted to let everyone know the buns are now in safe and experienced hands with Anna who does loads of fostering and bunny work.

To quote her "they are OK, and lovely, and are receiving the very best of TLC from me, and vet care urgently."

Tam

Tamsin said:
I just wanted to let everyone know the buns are now in safe and experienced hands with Anna who does loads of fostering and bunny work.

To quote her "they are OK, and lovely, and are receiving the very best of TLC from me, and vet care urgently."

Tam

Oh thank goodness for that Tamsin, I have been so concerned about these poor bunnies, as has everyone else.

That is marvellous news.... :D

I really am glad that they are ok, was the situation as bad as it sounded? please keep us updated on their progress. I just hate all forms of cuelty, it makes your stomach churn

Have just seen this thread and thought I would put my spoke in!

Ealing is one area that I deal with.

It was a good decision to get the rabbits out. The RSPCA are not particularly brilliant in this area and being that they are long haired would have been euthanased regardless (because they are long-haired). They have taken alot worse from people and nothing has been done which has angered people dealing with the situation.

Also, if a prosecution was bought forward (which it wouldn't have been for a couple of matted rabbits - even if one had paralysed back legs) the RSPCA would have hung onto the rabbits and they would have done the disappearing act that they so often do in the London area (if you know what I mean :x )

So these bunnies were definately pulled out at the right time and the right decision made.

On the other hand, being the London area, I am not surprised that the RSPCA don't prosecute for alot of cruelty that goes on in this area. There is just SO much.
I have picked up countless animals from all over London that were in a disgusting state and the reason that I didn't bother with the RSPCA is because I know alot of people that work there.

When a prosecution case is put forward it has to go past head office, who have to decide whether it is worth their bother. If every case was prosecuted they would go bust pretty quick because the law for animals is so **** in this country.

Most of the time they just have to grin and bear it, which is something I don't have to do!

I make it VERY clear on my opinion of people to their face when I collect the animal and tell them exactly what I think.
There isn't much more that I can do than that and then try and pick up the pieces and try to pull the animal back, although often it is far too late. :(

Emma

The RSPCA seems to not get much good press from anyone who does work in the rescues. I still think a charity being the way to prosecute people is just wrong.

Btw, this is Sandy one of the bunnies:

rabbit_1431.jpg

She's now up for adoption, her sister is still receiving treatment in foster care.

Tamsin

Well, I'm happy to say that come the beginning of November we are going to be the new mum and dad to Camille :D Camille is the sister of Sandy who is up for re-homing. Camille is also the little bun that has some spinal issues and has trouble hopping about sometimes - apparantly she hops sidewards :shock: She's going to be my little crab :lol: :lol:

We are really looking forward to having Camille join the Hairy Mob - she sounds as though she is a tough little cookie and a very loving one at that :love: She is probably getting spayed next week so if you could all keep a special little girl in your thoughts and prayers please.

I have one picture of her - I will send it to Tam to see if she can put it up for you to see this little fighter :D

Tamsin said:
Btw, this is Sandy one of the bunnies:

rabbit_1431.jpg

She's now up for adoption, her sister is still receiving treatment in foster care.

Tamsin

In spite of her previous bad luck, Sandy is a gorgeous sweet bunny- an absolute star!! :love: I sat with her on my lap for about half an hour when I went to the Mayhew last week and then she did this excellent pose for me. She would love a new boyfriend and lots of cuddles from a new owner - she told me! Has anyone got a lonely little boy who needs a good woman?? I was very tempted myself, but am hoping to do some fostering so don't really have the room.

I had someone email me looking for a cashmere and I gave her Sandy's details, she thought she was lovely and I think was planning to go see her. So cross your toes everyone :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
I had someone email me looking for a cashmere and I gave her Sandy's details, she thought she was lovely and I think was planning to go see her. So cross your toes everyone :)

Tam

Thats great news Tam!! :thumb:

Back