• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent - Rabbit Vets South Essex

Hi Klb64, may be worth trying to get a message to William see if he will recommend someone. I hope you find somewhere you are happy with soon, I'm still uncertain what I am going to do, but will probably end up using local vets for simple things and William for the more complicated cases.

I saw William this morning as he's doing an op on one of my rabbits today, I'll message you later ;) (just about to go out so won't do it now).

I've messaged people who specifically asked rather than respond here, as I don't think it's fair to go splashing things about on a public forum - hope that is ok with you guys.

I've messaged people who specifically asked rather than respond here, as I don't think it's fair to go splashing things about on a public forum - hope that is ok with you guys.

Please could you message me if that's ok?

Can you send me a message too Santa? It's too far for me to travel but one of mine needs regular dentals so need to find somewhere new.

Many thanks for all your replies. I have seen a vet today that I have no confidence in whatsoever and another practice can't see me until next week, even though I told them its an emergency. Luckily my rabbit has improved, but it does look like I am going to have to follow William to Maldon, about a 40 minute journey away. Thanks once again.

If you can travel for William it is worth it. I have travelled to Cambridge for a good vet before (From Southend)

Have you looked into South Beech vets at Wickford lately? I don't know what they are like now. I used to go years ago when they had an exotics vet there.

His name is Carsten Butz and yes he is good!

Oh no, William is no longer in Brentwood?? I'm going to need to find a good vets near Wickford area! Maldon/Braintree is too far for me to go :(

No I am afraid. South Beech is your next bet but I would still want to use William for anything complex.

I hope William knows how many bunny people he has upset by moving! Lol!
I live near lakeside and I will be making the trek to Maldon to see him.

Just registered some of mine at Maldon, a 40 minutes drive, that's if the A13 behaves! Just hope William is easy to get an appointment for and isn't running to late, but I think that's a lot to ask for!!!!

Yeah I need to register. On the plus side being able to get weekend appointments is going to be great from me...have to work out what time traffic is worse. I think heading down A13 after 5 is bad..

Hi, just seen this post. The rabbit rescue at Eastwood work with a vet called Carlos at Southend airport Pets at Home. He is not exotic trained but sees a lot of rabbits. I've taken rabbits to him on behalf of the rescue and he seemed fine - I know the rescue like him. But if you can travel William is best especially if something complicated is going on.

I personally would avoid South Beech vets in Wickford, as when Elmo had stopped eating and had an obstruction, they refused to consider him an emergency, even though he was refusing food and clearly in pain. The receptionist actually told me off for expecting him to be seen immediately "we have other people here who have made appointments, why would you be seen first?" :censored:

So we drove to Earls Hall towards Southend and they have been outstanding. They've done 3 obstruction surgeries on my buns and have always been incredibly kind, thorough and reliable. I wouldn't trust anyone else :wave:

Tracking down William Lewis

Hi is that right that William (previously of Orchid vets in Brentwood) is now at pets 4 vets in Maldon area? I need a good bunny vet, and orchid aren't set up for rabbits now that William has gone.

What does everybody think of Lawton and Stoakes in Harold Wood?

Hi and welcome. :) Yes, William Lewis is now at both Maldon and Braintree Vets4Pets branches.

My friend has used Lawton and Stoakes and found them to be good. I have used Carsten at South Beech in Wickford since William has left and he seems clued up on rabbits.

I've registered with Earls Hall and I've just tried to make an opointment with Louise and she has left! I have one with Alison now as i couldn't get one with James hope that she's ok!

Back