• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Help Please U/D eye injury, having op

I did wonder about bonding boy/girl now. The boys are very close, but they are now 15 weeks so wonder if that will start to change as they mature.

I really don't know what to do for the best....I know people say boy/girl bonds work the best...maybe now is the time to do this, seeing as the girls are not on talking terms! I don't want to upset the boys and split them up if it's gonna upset them.....

I am picking Roxy up at 6pm...everything seems to have gone well so far, I have managed to get hold of a cage to keep her in over the next few days so I can keep her inside and keep an eye on her.

Such a mess.....

I've just been wondering if maybe they were divorcing anyway, which may have caused the stasis issue.

Your boys are likely to start to fight when thier hormones arrive, and so maybe this is a blessing in disguise that once they are neutered maybe they can be in two boy/girl pairs. OR, maybe in the future you might find yourself with a quad.

I hope both girlies are doing ok.

How is Roxy doing?

Thanks Sky-O..you have been great...so much help over the last few days!
Do you think they may have been falling out? I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary...but i guess I could have missed something!

I m now petrified of trying to bond any of them! I am thinking it might be a good move to bond boy/girl pairs when I get the boys neutered, it just worries me slightly cuz the girls are 5 yrs older than the boys...does it make much difference?

ROxy is home, and chilling in a lovely big guinea pig cage I have managed to get hold of off eBay! Its massive!
I gave her some flat parsley, and she loved that! She has had some cauliflower leaves, and I have left a piece of carrot in with her too. So far so good. She can have a quiet day tomorrow as the kids will be at school.

She had her eye shaved...it is closed most of the time at the moment, and it does look very sore bless her. I have got 3 lots of meds to give her...stuff to keep her guts going, Metacam and some eye drops...that's gonna be fun getting all this stuff into her!! Oh well....fingers crossed she will know I do it out of love and not anything else!

Aww, you are doing a great job looking after them. It is good Roxy is eating already.

When I bonded two of mine there was a 3 year difference - female was 3 and little man was about 4 months (after he was "done"). I'm sure it could work and you never know, you may end up with a quad.

Back