• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent help please.... sorted!

So glad you're sorted Julia!

I had to have my appendix out....but luckily (after sending me home once, and almost doing it again) they took it out with keyhole surgery. Being nil by mouth for a week before they actually decided I was ill was great for losing my baby weight! :lol::lol:

Hope you're well on the way to recovery...I wouldn't have wanted open surgery! BEEG healing vibes for your poor tummy!

.....I needed a wee when I woke up so just got up to go to the loo. The nurses stood aghast...asking me if I was sure I was ok! :lol::lol::lol: Aparantly it's not normal to get up about an hour after surgery!

A wee an hour after :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: :lol:

I had no idea what it was going to be like (good job really!) I was in dreadful pain Tues pm and throwing up (9 times until couldn't keep water down) thought it was something I ate :roll: Managed to get through the night somehow and went to GP first thing who sent me to A&E with a letter lots of tests etc and by time theatre was booked there were 3 life threatening cases that jumped my place (Wed eve) by 10pm on Wed night I had a temp of 39.1 and shaking uncontrolably, was on IV fluids, 2 types of IV anti biotics and IM Morphene injections....

Went to theatre finally 9am on Thurs and never gave thought to what they were going to do :lol::lol: just wanted to feel better !! Apparently my appendix was necrotic and about to rupture :shock:

So by the time it finally sunk in I had a big opening in my stomach it was all over !! Its not massive about 8cm but apparently the appendix is behind the bowel and so it all has to be pulled about, and with the infection that why I'm so sore :cry:

Anyway, onward an upward now... very very slowly ! The 6 tablets 3 times a day are a joy !! I may try and get dressed in a min.... that will take and hour or so :lol::lol::lol:

A wee an hour after :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: :lol:

I had no idea what it was going to be like (good job really!) I was in dreadful pain Tues pm and throwing up (9 times until couldn't keep water down) thought it was something I ate :roll: Managed to get through the night somehow and went to GP first thing who sent me to A&E with a letter lots of tests etc and by time theatre was booked there were 3 life threatening cases that jumped my place (Wed eve) by 10pm on Wed night I had a temp of 39.1 and shaking uncontrolably, was on IV fluids, 2 types of IV anti biotics and IM Morphene injections....

Went to theatre finally 9am on Thurs and never gave thought to what they were going to do :lol::lol: just wanted to feel better !! Apparently my appendix was necrotic and about to rupture :shock:

So by the time it finally sunk in I had a big opening in my stomach it was all over !! Its not massive about 8cm but apparently the appendix is behind the bowel and so it all has to be pulled about, and with the infection that why I'm so sore :cry:

Anyway, onward an upward now... very very slowly ! The 6 tablets 3 times a day are a joy !! I may try and get dressed in a min.... that will take and hour or so :lol::lol::lol:

Oh lordy !! :shock: :cry:

Millions of get well vibes on there way xx

Back