• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: Urgent help needed! Rescue Closing

Youth hes staying here with us, he needs another op :(

Kayj, is your offer to the rats for forever homes?

Ambience - I know you would take the bottom buns, luckily they are the ones being rehomed on saturday! Very experianced bum cleaner. :)

Henry has also decided he is going to be a bottom bun >:{! :roll: :evil:

Oh good to hear- i think it's quite a strange routine to have for most people in there day- cleaning rabbit bums :) xxx

You told me she wouldn't bondable with your bun because shes a rex. Your emails said rex's are hard to bond... I didnt see the point in bothering you again. I only contacted you because i thought you didnt turn down a bun in need.

Yes she has a forever home now.

Left looking for homes

We have (all are due vacs)

pair - Storm and Thunder - Fawn male snipped, dutch female. Storm has a tendancy to nip, she has made such a big improvement since being here.

pair - Mr and Mrs brown - Fawn male snipped, english spot female. Both very loving.

Single Males

Bob - Brown Lionhead - Very fluffy and sooo friendly

Guinea pigs

pair - Blake and Harry - Newly bonded, get on very well and are so loving towards each other.

Single - Terry - Very randy and will not settle with males. Perhaps your looking for a boar to snip to join your ladys?

Unfortunately we frequently have to turn away buns in need. We only have certain accommodation and spaces available. It would be very irresponsible of us to take in every rabbit we were asked to take. We have to make sure we can offer them the right care and meet their needs 100%. We have always had to turn bunnies away, its very sad but as I say we, like everyone else do not have unlimited space, time and finances and we take what we do very seriously :)

so pleased she has a home now :D

never heard this thing about rexes being harder to bond, we've not found this??

glad the animals are finding homes, you seem to have done well in placing a lot quickly

never heard this thing about rexes being harder to bond, we've not found this??

glad the animals are finding homes, you seem to have done well in placing a lot quickly

Me either... werent my words, just qouting an email. :roll:

Yes we have recieved a lot of help. I contacted loads of people who we had previously rehomed too who helped us. Also a lady we helped loads with her very sick pigs offered to foster, she only has 3 of ours left for adoption now as she fell for Teddy and Humphry lol

Me either... werent my words, just qouting an email. :roll:

Yes we have recieved a lot of help. I contacted loads of people who we had previously rehomed too who helped us. Also a lady we helped loads with her very sick pigs offered to foster, she only has 3 of ours left for adoption now as she fell for Teddy and Humphry lol

Why the rolling eyes.

She isn't neutered and has aggression issues. That was my main reason. We have had difficulty bonding a lot of our female rexes, partly because they frequently had poor eye sight, so add to that aggression and hormones and I thought the chance of a successful bond was unlikely. I didn't rule it out completely as you know the bunny best, I just explained my reservations given that if the bond didn't work out there was no other accommodation option. I also had to think about the potential companion was right for her. But if you want to roll your eyes at me for trying to do the best by our current bunnies and by your bunny fine

The only aggression issue she has is with HUMANS in her cage, not rabbits. She has never attacked a rabbit and often one was marking her cage.

She isnt spayed as with her bleeding issues it was highly doubtfull she would come round after the op.. wasnt worth the risk In our opinion.

Bunny with Proper aggression is storm but again only towards humans.

The only aggression issue she has is with HUMANS in her cage, not rabbits. She has never attacked a rabbit and often one was marking her cage.

She isnt spayed as with her bleeding issues it was highly doubtfull she would come round after the op.. wasnt worth the risk In our opinion.

Bunny with Proper aggression is storm but again only towards humans.

Well if you had replied to my message with the above then maybe we could have considered it as I had no info to go on re the aggression. And I totally understand your reasons for not spaying, but regardless of reason hormones may have caused an issue with the bond.

I gave you my concerns in whether we could offer the right home, you never replied one way or the other.

I am just glad she has a home now :D

Unfortunatly newcastle is so far out of the direction we would be going :( Thank you though

If this new home comes through we will be able to cover

preston
chorley
bolton
blackburn
wigan
lancaster

Any help towards fuel would be greatly recieved we are really stuggling to pay for this now :(

Youth hes staying here with us, he needs another op :(

Kayj, is your offer to the rats for forever homes?
Ambience - I know you would take the bottom buns, luckily they are the ones being rehomed on saturday! Very experianced bum cleaner. :)

Henry has also decided he is going to be a bottom bun >:{! :roll: :evil:

I was offering a rescue space for them as I was under the impression from the thread that it was either a forever home or rescue space you needed. If the girls are together then they would be rehomed together

Back