• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Advice Required for Friend

Just thought I'd update you all on the situation today!

Took Ben (dad) to RSPCA and he is indeed still entire. They were extremely apologetic about the whole mess up and have agreed to castrate Ben (again) on Monday. Obviously they can't spay Holly (mum) yet until babies are older and when we know if she's pregnant again or not, but I'm just relieved they are happy to get this done for us (as it's not cheap! They are also going to find homes for the babies so that is also out of our hands! We want to keep one of them and (for £30) they will neuter and vaccinate for us. Successfully I hope!

Meanwhile I have brought Ben in the house until he is infertile! RSPCA said probably best to leave mum and babies where they are used to. They are in a Hutch within a shed and babies appear warm, cozy and deep in the nest. Too deep to get a photo! Two of my dogs are great with rabbits but one is a little ott with wanting to chase things! So gotta keep him out of the same room! Ben seems pretty settled already in his luxury holiday villa!

Just thought I'd update you all on the situation today!

Took Ben (dad) to RSPCA and he is indeed still entire. They were extremely apologetic about the whole mess up and have agreed to castrate Ben (again) on Monday. Obviously they can't spay Holly (mum) yet until babies are older and when we know if she's pregnant again or not, but I'm just relieved they are happy to get this done for us (as it's not cheap! They are also going to find homes for the babies so that is also out of our hands! We want to keep one of them and (for £30) they will neuter and vaccinate for us. Successfully I hope!

Meanwhile I have brought Ben in the house until he is infertile! RSPCA said probably best to leave mum and babies where they are used to. They are in a Hutch within a shed and babies appear warm, cozy and deep in the nest. Too deep to get a photo! Two of my dogs are great with rabbits but one is a little ott with wanting to chase things! So gotta keep him out of the same room! Ben seems pretty settled already in his luxury holiday villa!

Wow, that's such a shock!! How could they have accidentally not neutered him?! :shock: You would have that in his health check before they handed him to you they'd have a glance at his underside and seen two testicles! Although maybe he has little balls! My boy had ones he used to almost drag behind him, no missing them!

Really glad they are sorting things out for you! It is their fault after all! Looking forwards to seeing pics of the babies when they're old enough to be seen! I'm sure you'll love having Ben inside, mine are indoors, it's lovely, although they are naughty, I just had to tell Harvey off for "improving" the sofa :roll: he binkied with the excitement of having been naughty :roll:

I reckon whenever I next adopt a pet I'll be double checking things just in case :p I'm so surprised that this happened!

Back