• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update: RIP Romeo <3

My beautiful little angel passed away today. Today I said goodbye, today he went to the rainbow bridge, no words can describe the heart break I'm feeling. Some will say he's just a rabbit, he was my beautiful baby and I can't stop breaking my heart, I cried at the vets when I took him in to be cremated, I am crying now, I kept having panic attacks I'm still crying. Why did he have to go so soon, I only got 7 months with my angel. Goodbye my beautiful furry friend :'( </3

I am so sorry for your tragic loss :cry:

Thank you everyone :cry: just want my beautiful baby back. It feels harder to accept when he was so young. I also thought he'd gotten better after panacur as hasn't witnessed any fits, I was obviously too hopeful :cry:

I am so sorry for your loss :cry:
It is natural for us to want all the time in the world with the ones we love so dearly, be they animal or human. Your Romeo sounds to have been a precious little bun and deeply loved by you. Time for any of us can be brief and therefore when we look back we may find we have loved more deeply and fiercely than we first thought. It makes it all the harder to say goodbye. :cry:
Bless you both. I am sure he looks upon you now from the Rainbow as a wee bunny angel and lives on in your heart to be with you wherever you go. ((((((Huge hugs)))))))

Thinking of you at this very sad time and sending comforting vibes.

Sleep well and sweet dreams, Romeo. xxxxx

I'm so sorry for your loss, when you first started posting this thread I was following it as was curious and hoping you'd get a long time with Romeo :cry:

Binky free at the rainbow bridge Romeo ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I'm still shocked he's gone to be honest. Only last week he was at the vets being microchipped... And he was perfectly healthy, he was weighed and gaining weight perfectly and perfect weight for his age. He was so fluffy, fur and eyes bright and happy... No signs of ill health whatsoever... He was so happy too.. The night before his death he was popping his head out hutch and jumping up at me as he usually does, and running around with no issues at all... He seemed so happy... It's hard to believe anything was wrong that could have killed him, such a shock still. I just keep thinking about last time I saw him he seemed perfectly fine.. biggest shock that what he had killed him so soon cause it didn't seem to affect him at all.. All i can think is he had a seizure and it just stopped his heart cause he was perfectly fine... And no weight loss.. nothing... miss my beautiful bunny. The breeders have apologised, they are registered breeders who have been breeding for years, I know this sometimes happens and don't think its anyone fault to be honest... you'll sometimes get that one rabbit that's got something wrong... I know he had no feeling at all in his bottom legs and spine.. he couldn't feel pain as he was tested by vets but in no way did I think it would be part of a condition that'd eventually cause his passing so soon... Thought id have him at least a couple of years. Xx

Back