• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update & question .

Tinamoo

Young Bun
Things have got a whole lot better already thanks to the advice on this forum. :wave: Thank you sooo much!!!

I read an article which said that in these circumstances I should not attempt to pick him up for two weeks. I have not attempted to try and lift him. I have just gone to his cage done his food, water and litter tray.

I tried to sit and stroke him yesterday, he ran off into his bedding area each time, although I did not feel that he was going to attack me like I felt in my original post. Today I did the same and I was really excited that he just sat there and let me stroke him and did not attempt to run away from me.( My rabbit is just sooo cute!!!) I felt that this was real progress.

I do feel a bit guilty that he has not been able to have a run around. My husband is going to attach the run to the hutch on Monday as he is working away until then. If I attempted it it would be firewood!!:p

My question is about the run. I am quite happy with the hutch where it is now positioned. If I get hubby to attach the run to the hutch where it is at the moment it will be on concrete not grass. Is this okay or not?

Many thanks!

This is great news - I'm so glad things are getting better :D

I'm sure that paving slabs will be fine... I believe that a number of people on here use them due to the added security (i.e. bunny can't dig out, predators can't dig in) and the fact that they are easier to clean. Perhaps provide a big dig tray full of soil, or grass if you can? Think you can get big seed trays pretty cheaply, and then you could either grow some grass seed or just buy some turf - whatever is easier :)

Back