• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uncle Albert -19th May U/D-Its CANCER.......

Glad to hear the little man got through his op, I have no idea what day you last posted but I hope everything is still going well.xx

I am so pleased you now have him home with you and I bet he is relieved to be back with his mummy. Thinking of you bothxxx

Hi Everyone.
Uncle Albert has made it through the night. His mouth is VERY sore :cry: and he wont go near food except syringe fed Veg Puree. I have seen Christabel this morning and she described the op' to me.
OMG IT WAS HORRENDOUS :shock: :cry:
The tumour really was MASSIVE :cry:
He has open holes in his gum where the teeth fell away. Christabel said she wanted them to be able to drain so did not suture them. At the end of the op' the holes had plugged themselves with blood clots (SORRY!!)
Uncle Albert is on lots of pain relief and Penicillin injections+ sub-cut Hartmanns. He has already lost lots of weight, seemingly overnight :cry: I just hope that he will pull through this and at least have a few weeks/months of good quality life. Obviously if the tumour is malignant 'decisions' will need to be made :cry: But THAT worry is for another day.
Thank you ALL for the amazing support you are giving me. I really could not cope with everything without you!! :D
Janex

Yay for Uncle Albert - he is a little fighter - all your buns are.

And yay for you too, Jane. You have been through so much recently it is a wonder you have the strength to keep going.

oh bless him, he's such a fighter. It looks like you will need your nurses uniform to nurse him a while longer. well done to uncle Albert for being such a fighter and to you for getting him this far. He's so lucky to be in your care. xx

Oh Jane I've only just caught up with this and I'm feeling very tearful reading it,Uncle Albert is so beautiful and so lucky to have you.I hope I can be half as good a Bunny Mum as you are :D If love and thoughts could make him better he'd be here forever.Thinking of you lots of love

Thank-you everyone!!

Uncle Albert has been told he can contact his own SPECIAL Vet anytime, including the weekend :D :D
Christabel is very fond of Uncle A :D :D

Janex

Wow!! she is soo berludy good with the buns.

Am seeing her next Sat for Alfie's Myxi jab and to follow up on his snotty nostral!!

Oh dear what a time we have had. Although Uncle Albert appeared to be recovering from the major op' on Tuesday he took a turn for the worse on Wednesday morning :( He went into shock and collapsed. Fortunately I had a bag of Hartmanns that I could start to give sub/cut (hoping he had not shut down completely otherwise IV would be needed) and I got him on to a heat pad. I also called Christabel (Vet) and she was able to give me advice as to how to try to save Uncle A (transporting him to the Vets would have been fatal) It took about 5 hours but eventually Uncle A was able to sit up. Some-how he survived!! I was sure he was going to die. He was so 'flat' and cold.
Later in the evening he began to eat his liquidised feed unaided. I had been having to syringe feed him all the time since his op' on Tuesday. He is still on lots of pain relief and Penicillin injections.
But there is some very bad news.........the tumour is a Fibrosarcoma (CANCER) :cry: :cry: It is a type of cancer that has a low risk of metastisis (spreading) but a HIGH risk of re-growing. The lab report says the tumour contained cancer cells right up to the margin. Christabel was not able to excise it with a margin of apparently healthy tissue without removing UNCLE A's tongue :cry: :cry: So there is a high risk that some cancer cells have remained :cry:
Obviously I would NOT put Uncle A through more surgery so if/when the tumour re-grows he will have to be PTS :cry: :cry: As the tumour appears to be a fast growing one I doubt Uncle A will be with us for much longer :cry: :cry:
I will do EVERYTHING possible to make Uncle Alberts remaining time as comfortable and happy as possible. He is a very gentle old man and I love him.
Janex

Oh Jane, I am sorry that there is nothing that can be done to make him better.

Hopefully Uncle A has a good while left yet

Big hugs to you and Albert

aww jane ,
what awful news . :cry:
wish i was nearer so i could come and give him a cuddle in person . :love:
i feel like i know him poor lad .

we ll be thinking of you both
Angie

oh Jane :cry: :cry: I'm so sorry to hear this. What a time you and Bertie have been having!. I hope his tumor stays away for as long as possible giving you many weeks of quality time together. xx

At least for now dear old Uncle A seems comfortable. Here he is tucking into his gooey SS pellets and Carrot Puree

Picture831.jpg

Janex

Back