• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Very sad news p26 :( U/D P122 & P140

I'm so sorry, poor Chess :( she was a beautiful girl :love:

Recovery vibes for Paintbox, September and Wilbur xxx

So sorry to read the update :cry::cry:

So very unfair that she survived the very tricky early life just to be lost at this stage :cry::cry:

Paintbox is doing well. Eaten more apple & apple stick this morning & just done a nice pile of (smelly) poos.

September is still very quiet & still :( She's had 1.5ml of metacam this morning and I'm going to have another go at syringe feeding soon.

Vibes for her would be much appreciated.

Millions of vibes for September ......thinking about her and you Jen xxxx
Well done little Paintbox...still sending you vibes for a continued recovery xx

Sending lots of vibes for beautiful September, and hoping Paintbox continues to recover well. xxxx

September has eaten 2 small chunks of apple & a couple of strands of hay. She is still very quiet & sleeping a lot but she has done 8-10 normal looking poo's so I'm taking some comfort knowing that at least things are moving through ok.

Thank you all so much for your kind words & PM's. I'm sorry that I can't reply to them right now :( Yesterday afternoon is a bit of a blurr and I still can't believe we lost little Chess :cry::cry:

Jen x

Just remember that you are in all of our thoughts and were all sending you lots of hugs. Make sure you look after yourself hun xxxx

*whispers* September we all really need you to eat lots of nommy hay and do millions of big golden poops for Aunty Jen. Thanks xx

So pleased to see a positive update on September, and keeping up vibes. It sounds like she is slowly but surely moving in the right direction.

Take care of yourself too! xxx

Wilbur update from Julie

I had an email update from Julie this morning and I wanted to share it because it gave me a much needed smile :D

'Was up at 2 - Houdini had escaped from his bandage & pad and was wearing it like a sling – not covering the wound at all........... put it back on....... scared of hurting him though Jen but got on with it.

Up at 4.30 Bandage on head like a turban - giggled - put it back on - and stayed for fuss until half five……. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He bows his head for excess fuss :love:

He has weed n pooed and is eating hay.

But because of his bandage and the fact that it is now nibbled through it, I have taken him back to the nice vet man and left him there for the day to be under houdini observation !!

They will dress him and monitor him so I wil go back later to see what other style of clothing he is wearing.

Hope the girls are okay this morning.

Jx'

This photo of lovely Wilbur was taken this morning

WILBUR_002.jpg

Last edited:
Hurrah for Houdini! :lol:

Let's hope he behaves for the nice vet man in the interests of continued recovery. :shock:

He is turning out to be a proper little character ... I shouldnt laugh but it did make me giggle imagining him with a little turban on ... whats the betting he does this as he knows Aunty Jill will come give him a fuss :love:

He is turning out to be a proper little character ... I shouldnt laugh but it did make me giggle imagining him with a little turban on ... whats the betting he does this as he knows Aunty Jill will come give him a fuss :love:

He is lovely - a real star - and worth staying up half the night for -

Ready for bed now...........................:love::love:

He is lovely - a real star - and worth staying up half the night for -

Ready for bed now...........................:love::love:

Sorry for getting you confused with Jill ---- I will remember he is with Aunty Julie !

He has such lovely markings and seems to have a lovely personality.

I am sure I speak for everyone when we say thanks for looking after him , also thanks to Jill for making him a honeybunny and everyone involved with his rescue- He is a lucky little Wilbur :love:

Sorry for getting you confused with Jill ---- I will remember he is with Aunty Julie !

He has such lovely markings and seems to have a lovely personality.

I am sure I speak for everyone when we say thanks for looking after him , also thanks to Jill for making him a honeybunny and everyone involved with his rescue- He is a lucky little Wilbur :love:

Its a pleasure - a new found " skill " in the making - and I am more than happy to help the HoneyBunnies - a super group of pepole doing a terrific job.:wave::D

Bless them all & bless Wilbur for being so brave.

I thinK he has a bit of lionhead in him - on stroking him I "tufted" his little barnet and cheeks up and its very hairy..... so I dont think he is all dutch........ not that it matters ................he is honeybunnies little star. ( I nearly put "my" star...... .... I must not get attached.... I must not get attached......)

Glad to hear September has nommed a little bit, sending lots of vibes that she continues to improve, and additional vibes for Paintbox and Wilbur. He looks gorgeous!

lovely story about Wilbur Julie :D I'm sure he is very grateful to you for saving him and to his bunny angel for paying for his op:D xxxxx

Jen good news re both bunnies..as i said on phone don't worry too much about September yet..if she is eating something and pooing a bit that is a start..as I said pop them back in their normal hutch for a while and see if that helps her....just watch her temperature doesn't drop..speak to you later xx

Back