• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Mr Bennett is home with his meds. No diagnosis to why he was ill.

Sending eating vibes for Mr Bennett. When are you returning home?

Thanks.

Not sure, either end of April or mid May. I am waiting for a decision from my mum but she keeps changing her mind. We had planned to fly back together. She is up and down and has days where she feels depressed and other days when she doesn't want to return to the UK.

What at tough situation for you both. I really hope he is feeling better and eating again by the morning.

I am sure Laura would admit Mr B if James asked for this. I would offer to have him here (Mr B I mean !!) but A- I have no-where for him to stay that is away from my Rabbits and B- I have several ill Rabbits myself now so I just cant knowingly take on more as there are only so many hours in a day :cry:

Laura and the VNs would give Mr B all the nursing care he needs and any appropriate meds. Even though the spurs have been dealt with Mr B will still have a VERY sore tongue. This will take a day or two to heal and stop hurting.

Sending more vibes xx

I am sure Laura would admit Mr B if James asked for this. I would offer to have him here (Mr B I mean !!) but A- I have no-where for him to stay that is away from my Rabbits and B- I have several ill Rabbits myself now so I just cant knowingly take on more as there are only so many hours in a day :cry:

Laura and the VNs would give Mr B all the nursing care he needs and any appropriate meds. Even though the spurs have been dealt with Mr B will still have a VERY sore tongue. This will take a day or two to heal and stop hurting.

Sending more vibes xx

Oh gosh Jane I wouldn't accept your kind offer. I know you have so much on your plate.

Have just spoken to James and Mr Bennett not interested in food. He is really stressing out with me over here, also taking time off work. I should phone him back and say if he is so worried, ask if Mr Bennett can stay at the vets. He has become very fond of Mr Bennett and his main companion since I have been away. I thought it could be Mr Bennetts tongue. I don't think he is hunched over but he is sitting in the litter tray.

At least I know Mr Bennett is getting the best vet care. Maybe he needs more painkillers. James will be talking to them at 9 am.

Oh gosh Jane I wouldn't accept your kind offer. I know you have so much on your plate.

Have just spoken to James and Mr Bennett not interested in food. He is really stressing out with me over here, also taking time off work. I should phone him back and say if he is so worried, ask if Mr Bennett can stay at the vets. He has become very fond of Mr Bennett and his main companion since I have been away. I thought it could be Mr Bennetts tongue. I don't think he is hunched over but he is sitting in the litter tray.

At least I know Mr Bennett is getting the best vet care. Maybe he needs more painkillers. James will be talking to them at 9 am.

Definitely get James to ask for him to be admitted. Do you want me to speak with Laura, not because James is incapable, but I know that it is so hard when you are really stressed out about everything.

I'll pop back on here in half an hour and if you want me to call Laura I can do so at 8.30. Then you can let James know when to take Mr B in

Definitely get James to ask for him to be admitted. Do you want me to speak with Laura, not because James is incapable, but I know that it is so hard when you are really stressed out about everything.

I'll pop back on here in half an hour and if you want me to call Laura I can do so at 8.30. Then you can let James know when to take Mr B in

Thanks Jane. I have been trying to call James but no answer. I guess he might be in the shower or buying something. He is doing a late today so starts work at 12 or 12.30 so he should be around. I will get back to you as soon as I hear from him.

How are things?

James must have been at the vets when I was phoning. Mr Bennett is staying at the vets. . They can't find nothing else wrong with him so I think it must be his tongue healing. James phoned them to see if he was staying overnight and Mr Bennett has eaten. So they are basically observing him now. Will know more at around midday your time.

Our vets have decided to keep Mr Bennett overnight. He has had a little food but not pooing.

I am or was, still am so looking forward to seeing Mr Bennett when I return, I cannot think there would be complications. :cry:

James must have been at the vets when I was phoning. Mr Bennett is staying at the vets. . They can't find nothing else wrong with him so I think it must be his tongue healing. James phoned them to see if he was staying overnight and Mr Bennett has eaten. So they are basically observing him now. Will know more at around midday your time.

I am so glad Mr Bennett is staying at the vets. It will allow you to relax knowing he is safe and in good hands with round the clock vet care. I hope James will be happier without the responsibility of such a poorly bunny to care for. Fingers crossed the next news is more positive.

Thanks everyone. I am flagging now. 12.20 am so very tired.

I phoned the vets myself and they are happy with Mr Bennetts progress. He is bright and doing normal bunny things. Just waiting for poos.:thumb:

I have just been to visit Mr B and taken him a selection of food goodies. He is as bright as a button and he is nibbling at food for himself. He is also taking syringe feeds really well.

I honestly think it is just a matter of time for things to move through. Me and Laura gave him a good talking to about the importance of poo and how we want to see some from him within the next few hours. Mr B listened intently then chomped on some of the dried grass I took in. Then he had a nibble of Spring Greens.

It is looking very optimistic for Mr Bennet :D :love:

I have just been to visit Mr B and taken him a selection of food goodies. He is as bright as a button and he is nibbling at food for himself. He is also taking syringe feeds really well.

I honestly think it is just a matter of time for things to move through. Me and Laura gave him a good talking to about the importance of poo and how we want to see some from him within the next few hours. Mr B listened intently then chomped on some of the dried grass I took in. Then he had a nibble of Spring Greens.

It is looking very optimistic for Mr Bennet :D :love:

Aww Jane, that is so lovely, I am sure that it will put Barn Yard Bunnies mind at rest. :love::love::love:

Aw Jane that is so kind of you to go and visit Mr B, and take him some nice noms!!!
Really glad he has perked up a bit more and hope there is some poo very soon!!

So glad he's improving :D Lovely of Jane to check up on him :love: I hope he makes a complete recovery soon. Sending lots of vibes for Mr Bennett xx

Back