• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D Mr Bennett is home with his meds. No diagnosis to why he was ill.

Hope the improvement continues.

Hugs Amanda, can't imagine how hard this is when you can't see him yourself.

Thanks for all your vibes.

Went to bed with a massive headache.

Thanks for helping Yvette. James does get a bit confused.

Ali its awful being so far away and not being able to keep a watch over him. At least James knows all the signs now and was quick to act.

Mr Bennett has been eating small amounts but not eating normally. He refused a crunchie but tucked into dandelion salad. Hopefully James will take him back in the morning. I really think his teeth need to be relooked at.

The time difference is now further apart so harder to get hold of each other.

I hope that he gets somewhere when he goes back today. It is a shame if he needs a dental but if it helps him get better then great.

Spoken to James. He took Mr Bennett first thing this morning to our vets. Mr Bennett was refusing food this morning. :cry: Laura, I think it is, said there were parts of his teeth cutting into his tongue. :cry: I assume they are burrs. James forgets exactly what she said. Anyway as he has not eaten they are going to make sure he has something in his stomach before he has a GA. I have full confidence on whatever was said, as I know James could have everything totally wrong. He panics.

The GA is at 3 pm. They may keep him over night for observation.

Bestest of very best wishes for Mr Bennet! How they do worry us!
Will be watching for updates. ************VIBES*************

Thanks for your vibes and kind words.

Mr Bennett has had his dental but James said he is still not eating. :cry: I feel so powerless as James has no idea what to do and I am not sure he takes in what the vet has said.

Vets again in the morning.

Sorry I've not seen this before now. Really sorry to hear Mr Bennett has been so poorly. I hope the dental has helped and now his mouth will start to heal as his tongue wont feel so sore. I really hope there will be better news by morning. Sending lots of vibes. I'm sure James and the vets are doing a great job of looking after him. I know sometimes when I am frazzled or worried I dont always remember what the vets have said or that I have understood it correctly, but he is in safe hands with the vets and James is doing his best for him so try to keep that in mind. Really hope he can be tempted by some noms in the morning xx

:( Perhaps you could suggest that James writes down what the vet says and makes sure he gets all the info, so he can tell you accurately and won't forget? I know I always find it hard to take in what the vet is saying when I just want to get out of there and back home.

Sorry I've not seen this before now. Really sorry to hear Mr Bennett has been so poorly. I hope the dental has helped and now his mouth will start to heal as his tongue wont feel so sore. I really hope there will be better news by morning. Sending lots of vibes. I'm sure James and the vets are doing a great job of looking after him. I know sometimes when I am frazzled or worried I dont always remember what the vets have said or that I have understood it correctly, but he is in safe hands with the vets and James is doing his best for him so try to keep that in mind. Really hope he can be tempted by some noms in the morning xx

Thanks Helen. That is what James is hoping, that after a nights rest his tongue will feel better and he will feel like eating. I have never had a bunny with burrs before, or one that needed a dental as an emergency. Cutie-Pies teeth are not great but when she was spayed a year ago and had a trim she has been fine since then. James is also incredibly stressed. Its a feeling of being so powerless. Especially as Mr Bennett is usually such a greedy boy.

:( Perhaps you could suggest that James writes down what the vet says and makes sure he gets all the info, so he can tell you accurately and won't forget? I know I always find it hard to take in what the vet is saying when I just want to get out of there and back home.

You have given me an idea. I will phone them myself as I have a phone card.

Has he got lots of painkillers?
Can you ring the emergency vet and ask if you can give him the maximum possible dose?
Give him anything he loves.
Porridge oats, herbs, veg, bread anything to tempt him.

I really hope he's okay.

Has he got lots of painkillers?
Can you ring the emergency vet and ask if you can give him the maximum possible dose?
Give him anything he loves.
Porridge oats, herbs, veg, bread anything to tempt him.

I really hope he's okay.

James said he received a 24 hour painkiller.

He bought a range of food including coriander. Could get him to buy some banana. Mr Bennett loves banana.

Back