• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/d 2 weeks after Bonding a quad

Congratulations Zoobec! Sounds like a textbook bond! Your really making me hanker after bonding my two pairs....:?

I would definitely be cautious. Give them a few days in the smaller run and then let them in the whole run (once it's meshed lol). I envy you for having such an easy bond! :lol:

Tulsi, I'm sure they will snuggle up once they get used to each other. It's taken a while for Xena and Shadowfax to lay next to each other without Fiver squished in the middle. :lol:

Thank you. They are getting there. I love the idea of Fiver being squished in the middle :lol:

I would definitely be cautious. Give them a few days in the smaller run and then let them in the whole run (once it's meshed lol). I envy you for having such an easy bond! :lol:

Tulsi, I'm sure they will snuggle up once they get used to each other. It's taken a while for Xena and Shadowfax to lay next to each other without Fiver squished in the middle. :lol:

Yes, I can't wait to give them the whole of the run but I'd rather take things very slowly. It will be worth it in the end :D

Congratulations Zoobec! Sounds like a textbook bond! Your really making me hanker after bonding my two pairs....:?

Thankyou, I read all the posts on bonding and any info I could find, I never expected it to be as easy as it was, but then again all 4 of mine are quiet, gentle and easygoing bunnies :D:love:

I wish Frosty and Snowflake would cuddle in to each other ... so good to hear about a nice peaceful quad.

I'm sure you will have snuggling squished up buns soon. They make me laugh when they decide they want to lay between 2 of the others and just squish in to a place that's not actually there :lol:

I'm sure you will have snuggling squished up buns soon. They make me laugh when they decide they want to lay between 2 of the others and just squish in to a place that's not actually there :lol:

The girls are nice and snuggly and Snowflake is happy to snuggle with all of them. Its just that Frosty will nip Snowfers away and so S can never really relax.

Just to prove me wrong Frosty and Snowflake have been flopped out next to each other this morning x

The girls are nice and snuggly and Snowflake is happy to snuggle with all of them. Its just that Frosty will nip Snowfers away and so S can never really relax.

Just to prove me wrong Frosty and Snowflake have been flopped out next to each other this morning x

:lol: Don't you just love how bunnies constantly show you up? :roll: I hope this is the start of everybody being happy together. :love:

Aww, long may it continue :love:

I am just sooo happy. Frosty is lying next to Daisy, cuddled right up to her Tessie is on the other side of Daisy and Snowflake is flopped out almost nose to nose with Frosty :love:

I am just sooo happy. Frosty is lying next to Daisy, cuddled right up to her Tessie is on the other side of Daisy and Snowflake is flopped out almost nose to nose with Frosty :love:

Aww :love::love: I was really enjoying it when they were inside, but now they have the whole shed I can sit with them :love::love:

Aww :love::love: I was really enjoying it when they were inside, but now they have the whole shed I can sit with them :love::love:

Oh thank you for posting that. I hadnt even thought about the fact that they will now have the WHOLE shed (not just partitioned off bits each) that will be loads easier to be in for me too. Ha. Feel a bit better now.

Have you increased the run size yet? :)

Not yet, they're still in a run within the run :oops: had difficulty getting 16 gauge weldmesh and ended up having to order it on line. Anyway it's arrived and we were out meshing the run in the cold rain yesterday :evil: but only managed to do half of it. Decided to remove chicken wire first and that took ages! Hopefully get the rest meshed today if this torrential rain stops :evil: Its 17ft x10ft so they'll have a lot more space to Binky around :love:

Oh thank you for posting that. I hadnt even thought about the fact that they will now have the WHOLE shed (not just partitioned off bits each) that will be loads easier to be in for me too. Ha. Feel a bit better now.

Only just noticed this :oops: yes it's lovely to go in and sit with them, they're becoming much more tame very quickly too :love: Dandy and Beano were very nervous buns when we got them in April, they had got so that they would run up to you and you can stroke them (when they are eating), but in the shed its much much better than it was when they were in the hutch/run or inside. All 4 of them are much more settled and although I'm quite sure they'll never be cuddle buns they're so different to when they came :love: I got them because I fell in love with them (love agouti bunnies :love:) and they're such comic characters, and I knew the chances of them getting out of rescue were more remote than others because a lot of people don't seem to want agouti buns anyway, and that coupled with them being very wild in temperament meant they weren't an attractive proposition to a lot of people. But I'm happy for them to be rabbits and enjoy themselves :love:

Only just noticed this :oops: yes it's lovely to go in and sit with them, they're becoming much more tame very quickly too :love: Dandy and Beano were very nervous buns when we got them in April, they had got so that they would run up to you and you can stroke them (when they are eating), but in the shed its much much better than it was when they were in the hutch/run or inside. All 4 of them are much more settled and although I'm quite sure they'll never be cuddle buns they're so different to when they came :love: I got them because I fell in love with them (love agouti bunnies :love:) and they're such comic characters, and I knew the chances of them getting out of rescue were more remote than others because a lot of people don't seem to want agouti buns anyway, and that coupled with them being very wild in temperament meant they weren't an attractive proposition to a lot of people. But I'm happy for them to be rabbits and enjoy themselves :love:

This is exactly how I feel about all mine. I just love watching them being rabbits.

Good luck with the meshing. Its quite a task isnt it?

This is exactly how I feel about all mine. I just love watching them being rabbits.

Good luck with the meshing. Its quite a task isnt it?

My OH was not in a rabbit run meshing in the rain mood today, so I'll have to bribe him later on in the week ;)

My OH was not in a rabbit run meshing in the rain mood today, so I'll have to bribe him later on in the week ;)

Doing stuff in the rain is always far less tempting. Good luck with the bribery when the time comes!

Wow that run is some size! :shock: When you get it sorted (I don't blame your OH for refusing to mesh in the rain :lol:) You will have to post a pic of them all in the run. :love:

I find that if you have buns that are "people friendly" bonded with skittish buns, the skittish bunnies will learn to trust you. Also sitting with them is just the BEST way to make friends. :love: My bridge bun, Ellie, was terrified of me for months, but I used to just sit with her for hours. Eventually she realised I wasn't a threat and started to let me give her nose rubs. Like you said, I don't mind it if a bun doesn't want anything to do with me, as long as they are happy. Rabbits are certainly much more content with other rabbits. :love: Well....apart from Fiver, maybe. :lol:

Back