• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/d 2 weeks after Bonding a quad

Zoobec

Staff member
So, I've never bonded before, but read every bonding thread on here until I ideas of what to expect. Thought about sending my 2 pairs Dandy and Beano,(brothers), and Apricot and Ginger, (sisters),somewhere for bonding into a quad but then decided I couldn't do it, I know my buns best :D so yesterday lunchtime the bonding commenced :D
There was quite a bit of chasing and thumping, and a bit of fur pulling from Dandy, he humped both girls once, but mostly they were just eating :D last night they were all snuggled together in a line. Camped out on the settee next to their pen, they were fine, just one time they were running around after somebun thumped once, this morning they're all cuddled up together :love:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will continue this. I'm trying to bond them so they can all share a shed and a really big run, as they have been in hutch/run setups up till now.

This is a photo from last night :love: they were laid in their original pairs there, but this morning they are all snuggled in a general huddle :D
image_zpsc0de9a13.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry it's a bit grainy, didn't want to use a flash :D
Ps how does anyone get any sleep when you share a room with buns, they kept me awake load munching hay and drinking from their bottle :lol:

Last edited:
Glad to hear it's all going well so far. I was trio bonding last week and, fingers crossed, it's all worked out fine as they're back out in the garden now. I know what you mean about sleeping in the same room though. I slept in the conservatory with mine for 3 nights and I was knackered from lack of sleep. Not only that but house bunnies make a MESS :shock::lol:. I'm glad they're back outside - they can spread their hay around as much as they like ;).

Glad to hear it's all going well so far. I was trio bonding last week and, fingers crossed, it's all worked out fine as they're back out in the garden now. I know what you mean about sleeping in the same room though. I slept in the conservatory with mine for 3 nights and I was knackered from lack of sleep. Not only that but house bunnies make a MESS :shock::lol:. I'm glad they're back outside - they can spread their hay around as much as they like ;).

It was yourself and Vegan Bunny trio bonding with things seeming to go well that gave me a boost and confidence to try mine :thumb: yes the mess is unbelievable :shock: they've shredded the newspaper I lovingly put down, and there's hay everywhere :lol: how long did you have yours inside for? I'm going to see how they go today, if no aggression will increase pen size tomorrow whilst inside, and eventually put them into the shed but still in the pen. At least nobun has ever been in the shed before so I don't have to worry about it having been somebuns previous territory :D

Mine were only indoors for 3 days and nights. Day 1 was a very small puppy crate, day 2 was my large puppy crate, eventually opened up and doubled in size with puppy pannels and day 3 was half the conservatory. On day 4 I moved them back into the shed (confined to the shed only for about 6 hours). Then I opened the shed up and gave them about a third of the run as well. Then yesterday (day 5) I gave them the whole run (my run is about 20ft long by 6ft wide). Mind you, this is the easiest bond I've done so it moved quickly. In the past, I've had one doe who took about 3 months to accept her husbun :shock:. I still can't bring myself to completely trust them though and keep checking on them expecting to find clumps of fur everywhere!!

Last edited:
Thanks Mackers, good to know someone else's timeline, even though as you say all bonds are different.

Update, going very well still, no chasing or thumping, no humping, all very calm and there's been mutual grooming between them, which was amazing to see :love:

So glad it's going well for you!

I too am excited to see group bonds going well lately, as I rescued a new bunny this week and if he doesn't get on with my single girl, I'm going to try and bond him in with my existing pair. Fingers crossed my girly likes him though! If not she'll have to be housebunny, as I hate her being outside alone :( (Thankfully she's the best litter trained and the cleanest and quietest of my four!:lol:)

Hope your bond continues to go well :love:

Last edited:
Great to see how well your bond is going. I am still trying to build myself up to doing the big six. My son has been away for the weekend but once he is home ... OMG

Look forward to more photos! You could enter a pic of all four of them into the calender contest if it all works out :)

Well, today they've bonded closer still, when they're not eating they're all snuggled up to each other. :love: I've not increased the size of the cage yet, I'll either increase it whilst they're still inside tomorrow, or move them to their new accommodation in the shed but section off some of it to make it a smaller area till I'm sure they'll be ok.

Snuggled up in mixed pairs, it's tricky to see where one bun starts and the other finishes :lol::love:

image_zps6ed62c6b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh my word, you're making bonding a quad look so easy! :lol:
I'm glad things are looking good for your 4.

Oh my word, you're making bonding a quad look so easy! :lol:
I'm glad things are looking good for your 4.

I'm under no illusions that I've just been lucky so far, going to extend their space today so that will be a big test :shock: I was so worried nervous about it all before I started, I think you need nerves of steel! I'm lucky I've not had to intervene at all, gardening gloves are at the ready though :lol:

So glad it's going well for you!

I too am excited to see group bonds going well lately, as I rescued a new bunny this week and if he doesn't get on with my single girl, I'm going to try and bond him in with my existing pair. Fingers crossed my girly likes him though! If not she'll have to be housebunny, as I hate her being outside alone :( (Thankfully she's the best litter trained and the cleanest and quietest of my four!:lol:)

Hope your bond continues to go well :love:

Thanks, Good luck with your bonding too :D

Great to see how well your bond is going. I am still trying to build myself up to doing the big six. My son has been away for the weekend but once he is home ... OMG

Look forward to more photos! You could enter a pic of all four of them into the calender contest if it all works out :)

Six :shock: glad you've got some help with your son to do it :thumb: photos are very difficult, there's always somebunny snuggled out of sight :love:

Moved them back outside now, still in same pen size though, because the change in scenery made them a bit flighty, and they were all running around, with Dandy doing a little fur pulling. Thankfully that only lasted a few minutes, they're back to snuggling again :love: Beano washes everybun, (he's such a darling :love:)Dandy will only groom Beano and the girls never groom anybun else.. Mind you they never groomed each other before :lol:

Hopefully I'll increase the space a bit tomorrow, fingers crossed :thumb:

Wow I'm so impressed.... I have two pairs and now thinking about bonding a into a quad.:)
Was there a particular reason you wanted them all bonding together?
I'm just thinking out loud but I have two happy pairs so I'm not sure if I'd be doing it for them, or for me!

Wow I'm so impressed.... I have two pairs and now thinking about bonding a into a quad.:)
Was there a particular reason you wanted them all bonding together?
I'm just thinking out loud but I have two happy pairs so I'm not sure if I'd be doing it for them, or for me!
:wave: yes, I wanted to bond them into a quad because I want to move them from hutch/run combos to a shed and big aviary run, so thought I'd attempt it so they can share the whole shed/aviary rather than only having half for each pair. They're all gentle, quite shy bunnies who definately prefer bunny company to human company, and when they were in their pairs they always did the same thing at the same time as the other pair.

glad it sounds to be going well :love:

my buns are in my room the hay munching doesn't bother me, their rather good really I think they think they are humans as when lights go out and I go to bed they hop onto their petmat and sleep too :lol:

Mine are in two hutch run combo's at the mo, and I'm thinking of changing the hutches for sheds, but having trouble placing the 2nd shed (as it would partially block the kitchen window) so maybe it's a good time to give it a try. Had your pairs been bonded long? One of my pairs have only been bonded a few weeks so maybe it's too soon.

Mine are in two hutch run combo's at the mo, and I'm thinking of changing the hutches for sheds, but having trouble placing the 2nd shed (as it would partially block the kitchen window) so maybe it's a good time to give it a try. Had your pairs been bonded long? One of my pairs have only been bonded a few weeks so maybe it's too soon.

The 2 pairs are Dandy and Beano, who are brothers aged about 1 year, and Apricot and Ginger, who are sisters aged approx 8 months, both pairs been together since birth :love: all neutered and spayed obviously :lol:

Today I added a small run to the dog crate, and then waited for chasing etc :lol: but they were fine, I couldn't quite believe it. They seem closer as a group than they were as pairs :love:

Back