• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to add an avatar.

Toby

Toby

Im so sorry im a complete silly billy i posted it completly the wrong bit!!!

Right i would like a gorgeous picture as my signiture like yours?? Also i changed the pic to 80X80 and it says it's too big even though it is not!!!

Could you change my pic size please?

Sorry it is really big!!!!

P1180622.jpg

Thanks

Mizzmarni
XXXXXXXXX

here is your av :)

bun1av.jpg

Save it to your PC and then just upload it as normal.

To have a sig like mine (and the other that are like mine on here - as I did them all :lol: ), you either need a good graphics programme (if you don't have already)....at lease paint shop. Or I can do you one.

I really don't want to sound dumb as I've managed to upload images to put into a post using muchos.co.uk but as for the avator i'm completely stumped, keep being told no more than 6k so i decrease it and get told must be jpg file etc but it is jpg. the picture was taken on my camera phone, e-mailed to myself then saved,hope that isn't why it doesn't work cuz lots of cute pics of fudge on my phone. Now i've deleted by accident the picture below from the website i used!! think i've been on the computer too long! I'll feel really daft if it's something straight forward, but i've just got so frustrated, help?!

Try this for your av (if it’s the image you wanted). You have to save, to your documents – you can’t have an av by doing it the way. In your profile upload it to RU. :D

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Fashy/loucropped.jpg

Thanku sooooooo much :D As you can see it's in the right place now,def the picture I wanted.i'm so pleased it's been done should of asked for help in the first place, oh well learning new things all the time and not just about bunnies! Now I've just got to get the other picture back! but may be asking for advice again soon to have a better signature,than just the one picture!

Cheers for your help, will let you know when I've got some more photos etc, together to use for one. :D might see what I can come up with first,depending on how much patience I have at the time!! :roll:

Hi, I'm having trouble making my pic small enough to be accepted as an avatar. It's down to 36x50 pixels but it's still 7.6 KB. What's up with that? How can I get it down to the right file size but still have the picture large enough to be visible? Here's the pic at the current size:

rstudy.jpg

Tiny, isn't it? And it's still too big! :(

It says where you upload the avatar file that it needs to be smaller than 6 KB. Maybe it's new from when the board got changed lately? It also says the size limit is 80x80 pixels, and mine is much smaller than that because I kept trying to get the file size down.

If you post/email the orginal image me (or someone else) can have ago at resizing it for you :)

A photo should easily fit under 6kb at 80x80, not sure why yours isn't.

Tam

Thanks! I'll pm it to you, if that's okay. I'm using Dell Image Expert for resizing and such. I wonder if it has something to do with that?

Back