• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treating a myxi wildie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree, if it was Biscuit Bunny of course I would do everything to save her.

But like people have said this is a wild rabbit who will be frightened of human contact, and I really do think the kindest thing would be to PTS especially if there is a risk to the OP's rabbits.

I could be wrong but I don't think the OP has taken to the vets, is she not self medicating? I'm sure if she did they would have PTS.

P.S If my bunny got myxi being vaccinated she would still stand a much better chance then an unvaccinated wild one.

Last edited:
Please do your research before you insult peoples feelings. In unvaccinated buns, it is VERY unlikely they will survive, and i will admit, especially with a multi bun household, i would PTS rather than let the little one suffer.

I don't think you can comment until you have seen such an illness in the flesh and see a rabbit dying a slow, painful death.

who said i haven't seen it?
i kept rabbits since i was small.
x

but at the end of the day its up to beth no one else and shes got it on it own in the house.
just cos you kill a rabbit when it sick doesn't mean everyone else does.
her vet must think its got a chance.
x

Deciding to have a rabbit (or any animal) put to sleep to end their suffering id not 'Killing'. Making thats kind of a decision is a very brave and noble thing to do. Putting the needs of a vulnerable animal before your own is something to be proud of. Please don't tarr it as 'killing'.

To be fair, imagine if you had an illness where you had a 5% chance of survival, and would be going through immense pain, stress and loss of dignity and would probably still end up dead, wouldn't you rather have a quick and easy death by being put to sleep?

I know I would.

You can say all you want about giving it a chance to live, but you also have to consider all the other rabbits that are at risk here. If the OP continued to treat the rabbit and some of the other ones got it, it'd make things even worse.

Call me heartless but I'd rather put one rabbit who hasn't really got a chance down and save the rest of the perfectly healthy bunnies and not put them at risk.

It's VERY clear that the OP has done everything they can, but fighting a losing battle is just pointless, I admire how she has tried thus far, and it takes a brave decision to rule out these emotions that you are displaying and actually think of the rabbit's quality of life.

I have very limited opinion on this, but believe the bun can not be in a better place, however am disgusted at some comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back