• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport Watford to B.A.R.C

Awwwww! She is cute!

My next question was how come she doesnt have front paws but it seems MiniMallow has answered me!!!

She will be at her forever home soon!!!

Thanks for the pics kirsty! I am off to wash up now xxx :wave:

Awwwww! She is cute!

My next question was how come she doesnt have front paws but it seems MiniMallow has answered me!!!

She will be at her forever home soon!!!

Thanks for the pics kirsty! I am off to wash up now xxx :wave:

Could be that or genetic, or got them stuck in the wire cage, or even through stress/neglect/boredom chewed at them herself :(

I already tried - I wanted to swap it for the nice on, but to get it out, I have to remove a shelf and take it through the base, as it won't get through the doors, and I um think I might not be able to get it back together after :oops:, every time i take the base off, I really struggle to get it back on.... I am so tempted to put a mesh lid on the big plastic box the cage came in, and let her have that as a house, (with her cage base in there) she'll have loads of room, and nothing to injure herself on

I already tried - I wanted to swap it for the nice on, but to get it out, I have to remove a shelf and take it through the base, as it won't get through the doors, and I um think I might not be able to get it back together after :oops:, every time i take the base off, I really struggle to get it back on.... I am so tempted to put a mesh lid on the big plastic box the cage came in, and let her have that as a house, (with her cage base in there) she'll have loads of room, and nothing to injure herself on

Thats exactly what I thought, that the big tub the woman had put the cage in seemed like a better home for her. Maybe thats a good thing to do. She couldnt chew her way out of it could she?
The pictures are fab :love:
If you look close though she does have tiny palms/pads to her hands though doesnt she? I noticed she seemed able to hold food in them and when she put her hands up on the bars etc just that she doesnt have any fingers?

I would put her in the box kirsty. She could really damage herself on that wire. Id just throw out the wire one and do what you wanted to and put her in the storage tub. I agree she looks silver nuttie. :D As long as she has her bedding in there she will be much happier

Just a quick note really to say that little nutmeg (As we have named her for now - we can't just keep calling her gerbil :oops:) is doing really well - though she is trying to destroy everything I gave her to hide in :? :lol: She got demoted to downstairs, as Ivy was waaaayyyyy too excited, and she was really noisy :lol: - Everyone is out all day today, so little megs should have plenty of peace and quiet, to either sleep without being afraid, or try to dig and tunnel in sawdust! :lol: She is sooooo cute, and despite her paws, I think she would really enjoy a big tank of peat to dig in :love:

Glad she seems happy :) She will have plenty of digging opportunities very soon :D I talked to hubby and i doubt she will end up for rehoming lol. Saying that if the right home came along i would certainly not stand in her way!

Last edited:
I:love: the name Nutmeg, that so suits her!!

I am pleased she settled so well after her journey

Nutmeg is doing really well, she was fast asleep when I got home, she made a nest around her self out in the open :love:, I did startle her, because I couldn't see her a first :roll:, but I switched out the light and left her to it, and I think she is sleeping again now :love: not that I blame her!! :lol:

Back