• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for rabbit

KCG

Warren Veteran
Hello everyone,
I'm having a hard time finding toys for Cookie. He usually doesn't play with any hay or chew balls. He is not interested in any branches other than the willow branch. My Cookie doesn't really have any toys to play with, he's usually not interested in anything other than willow branch and pellets. He is generally a happy rabbit, there is no problem with his cheerfulness, thank Allah. What can I buy or do as a new toy for him? I'm open to all suggestions. ๐Ÿ˜…

Can you make his willow into balls or weave it into a mat or something?
If he does not eat cardboard or thinner boxes he may enjoy a box or cereal box. You could hide his pellets in an empty cardboard tube from toilet paper or kitchen roll.

Reactions: KCG
Have you seen the thread in Behaviour & Bonding? Lots of ideas. ๐Ÿฐ

I'd check Tamsin's blog too.

stacking cups - so he has to work for those pellets, you could also hide them in a cloth forage book like Sophie & Casper has to hide them in. What about tunnels? Digging boxes are fun for many bunnies too

Can you make his willow into balls or weave it into a mat or something?
If he does not eat cardboard or thinner boxes he may enjoy a box or cereal box. You could hide his pellets in an empty cardboard tube from toilet paper or kitchen roll.
I can try but cookie are too picky omg, I hope it works ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Have you seen the thread in Behaviour & Bonding? Lots of ideas. ๐Ÿฐ

I'd check Tamsin's blog too.

I'll take a look thanks a lot ๐Ÿ˜Š

I agree with stacking cups, mine aren't really into toys although they do occasionally take interest in specific cardboard boxes, I do use a snuffle mat or log with holes in to hide food but that's about it with my two!

I got one of those toy bunnies you put batteries in and it walks while squeaking. I turned it on and put it on the floor and the bunnies freaked out and hid.

• Haha
I have to continue my positive reinforcement tho to best train my bunnies. All the bunnies have responded very well to my training apart from Oreo who loves to make a racket at night time digging at anything she can lol.

I have to continue my positive reinforcement tho to best train my bunnies. All the bunnies have responded very well to my training apart from Oreo who loves to make a racket at night time digging at anything she can lol.
The man who whispers to rabbits ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

The man who whispers to rabbits ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Oreo seems to understand my commands. When she is misbehaving I'd shout the word stop and remarkably she stops... I've got the rest trained but Oreo can be a challenge at times. I never thought I could train Zebra finches believe it or not but they now know when its time to settle down for the night before its lights out. They get a dim light after before all lights go out. The Canaries appear to be more on track.

I bought stacking cups for my two, all done within seconds. I have used toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay and some little nibbles, they like them. Another fun thing I have is a treat ball, pop nibbles or pellets in and they fall out of the hole, it gets chased around the run.

I bought stacking cups for my two, all done within seconds. I have used toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay and some little nibbles, they like them. Another fun thing I have is a treat ball, pop nibbles or pellets in and they fall out of the hole, it gets chased around the run.
I can't give mine toilet roll tubes because they end up eating the tubes and I don't like the idea of them eating cardboard and having it in there digestive system, the idea makes me uncomfortable. I just rather they eat the hay without them eating cardboard.

Back