• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today's the day - U\D post 81: they are eating :)

I wouldn't worry to much tonight, but if you can check on them during the night, just watch them for a bit and make sure they don't look to be in pain of that.
I'd call in the morning when ever the vets open up if they haven't eatten by then. They may ask you to bring them in or to pick up stuff for handfeeding.

My vets also gave Marley and injection to get his gut moving and gave him some medicine again to get the gut moving. I also used the medicine of day 4post op for cooper when he still wouldn't eat.

Also even though it doesn't seem that long since the operation to us, it is to them as there body needs to keep moving and everything needs to keep going. If the acids in a bunny stomach stays there to long its bad.

But it is normal for buns not to eat for a while after an annestecic.

Woke up early ( mainly through worrying about the girls) and decided to pick some dandelions to try to hand feed them.
Fern ate 2 small ones and Holly munched half a big one. I also found 5 normal size poops in the crate, that's without checking the litter tray. Does this sound normal? I don't know if I should ring the vet when they open? x

Woke up early ( mainly through worrying about the girls) and decided to pick some dandelions to try to hand feed them.
Fern ate 2 small ones and Holly munched half a big one. I also found 5 normal size poops in the crate, that's without checking the litter tray. Does this sound normal? I don't know if I should ring the vet when they open? x

It sounds like they are pooping and eating! Yippeeee!!! I think they sound fine! Hope they continue to recover and thinking of you all today xxxx

Sounds perfectly normal to me, dandelions were the first things my girls ate too. It took a good couple of days for them to be back to eating normally.

It sounds like they are pooping and eating! Yippeeee!!! I think they sound fine! Hope they continue to recover and thinking of you all today xxxx

Is 5 poops between 2 buns ok? I don't know which bun did them. They have both had a nibble this morning but then turned their noses up when I tried offering them more.

Sounds perfectly normal to me, dandelions were the first things my girls ate too. It took a good couple of days for them to be back to eating normally.

I took the advice of people on here and tried dandelions soaked in water. It seems to have worked... They soon got bored of me poking dandelions in their face though.

I took the advice of people on here and tried dandelions soaked in water. It seems to have worked... They soon got bored of me poking dandelions in their face though.

Awww LOL!

What we have to remember is that it's a big operation for a girlie and it WILL take a few days for them to start feeling better.

Awww LOL!

What we have to remember is that it's a big operation for a girlie and it WILL take a few days for them to start feeling better.

I know... I keep telling myself that. It's hard seeing them so quiet though.. Especially when they normally do backwards simosaults for food. :lol:

That's great, and they have started munching which is what you want. Doesn't have to be mounds of food, showing an interest and some poops is fine. Keep offering things regularly and gradually they'll eat more each time.

I left a plate of dandelions in the cage after handfeeding them a few. Holly finished the plate off but fern seems less interested.
Going to give the vet a ring in a minute just to make sure they are ok. Got 14 poops now... But not sure which bunny did them.

It makes sence to not have much droppings since there isn't much going into the body there wouldn't be much coming out.
But they seem to be improving and great there starting to eat.

Came home from the stables to find Fern munching on some dandelions Id left. She's had a hop around and a periscope too :) there's poops in the litter tray where she's been laying and a few more on the floor. I'm going to make a pellet mash to tempt them with for dinner :)

Came home from the stables to find Fern munching on some dandelions Id left. She's had a hop around and a periscope too :) there's poops in the litter tray where she's been laying and a few more on the floor. I'm going to make a pellet mash to tempt them with for dinner :)

Yayyy! That's great, hope the munching continues!

Holly has hoovered up a plate of grated carrot and some carrot crunches and Fern has moved onto some spring greens. I think they are on the mend!
Is it normal for their poo's to be sticky? They are round and perfectly formed but are tacky to the touch, if that makes sense?

Holly has hoovered up a plate of grated carrot and some carrot crunches and Fern has moved onto some spring greens. I think they are on the mend!
Is it normal for their poo's to be sticky? They are round and perfectly formed but are tacky to the touch, if that makes sense?

I think so, Cupcake's were very much like that for a day or two x

Back