• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today's the day - U\D post 81: they are eating :)

Just spoke to the vet.. She said Holly and Fern are 'absolutely fine' and can come home between 3 and 4pm :) :) :)
Can't wait to get my girls back!!!

My three took a little bit to bounce back. They were males though, one of them did have an operation like a spay because he had an undesended testicle so they had to get it out of his tummy rather than normal.

Dexter ate straight away when he came home, plenty of poos and noming.

Marley who had the more serious op, took about two days to get back to normal. But the vet gave him medicine to keep his gut moving which I had to give him every 8hours so that did help, once it started moving he started eatting again. Then once he started eatting he was perfecftly normal and ate normal.

Cooper took five days, we started him on the medicine on say four and it helped him get moving and then he started eatting. He was ina great mod though, just wouldn't eat.

So I had to handfeed both Marley and Cooper, so do be prepared incase you need to. Have a sirrange, some recovery (get it at the vets) and ask the vets how to hand feed them. Get some baby food too, it may get them eatting and then hopefully eatting proper things.

Also have something soft underneath them. For my spay like guy I had shreded up paper - vet reccomend me to do this.

My girls have vetbed in their dog crate. I'm moving in them inside for a few days so I can keep my eye on them.
When I spoke to the vet this morning she said they don't let bunnies go home until they are eating, so hopefully syringe feeding wont be necessary.
Going to pick them up in an hour. :D

My three took a little bit to bounce back. They were males though, one of them did have an operation like a spay because he had an undesended testicle so they had to get it out of his tummy rather than normal.

Dexter ate straight away when he came home, plenty of poos and noming.

Marley who had the more serious op, took about two days to get back to normal. But the vet gave him medicine to keep his gut moving which I had to give him every 8hours so that did help, once it started moving he started eatting again. Then once he started eatting he was perfecftly normal and ate normal.

Cooper took five days, we started him on the medicine on say four and it helped him get moving and then he started eatting. He was ina great mod though, just wouldn't eat.

So I had to handfeed both Marley and Cooper, so do be prepared incase you need to. Have a sirrange, some recovery (get it at the vets) and ask the vets how to hand feed them. Get some baby food too, it may get them eatting and then hopefully eatting proper things.

Also have something soft underneath them. For my spay like guy I had shreded up paper - vet reccomend me to do this.

They're home!!! :)

Holly and Fern are home. I put the carrier into the dog crate to help them feel familiar with their new surroundings. They are surprisingly perky actually... They have both been for a hop around the crate but now they have flopped on the vetbed. I've put some of their favourite things into a bowl to encourage nomming but figured they will just want some quiet time.
The vet said they were both very good and she would like us to come back in a week to check everything is ok.

Nomming and pooping vibes please :)

Have only just seen this.

I'm glad your two little girls are home. :D I hope they start munching and pooing very soon.

Sending loads of recovery vibes for them both. xx

Thank you Tracy. At the moment they are both flopped out. One in the carrier and the other on the vetbed. Think I'll just leave them be for a while and hope that they start chomping in the next couple of hours.

Back