• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tiny hutch!

rach-louise

Young Bun
:shock:
I found it! Further to a post started by someone else about a hutch for sale on EBay i thought i would add this!
I have been looking for 6 x 2 x 2 hutches-and found hardly any.

I did however find this:shock:
If you scroll right down it clearly states that this can be used for 2 large Rabbit or 4 Guinea Pigs!!!!:?

http://www.pethutches.com/rabbit-hutches/rabbit-hutch-guinea-pig-hutch.html

I have converted it to feet and it is-
3 x 1.4 x 1.8!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_7946.jpg

that hutch used to have wire and a rabbit living in it all day...

Oh my gosh, it actually says suitale for two rabbits! That's horrendous! I would use that as a safety hole for them to hide in when they're playing in a run outside... NEVER as a permenant home :(

GERBILS!!!!!! a gerbil would fit through the bars! anything that lives in there is a really miserable bun. actully im going to email them!

It's shocking isnt it. I don't understand why they are allowed to be sold if the RSPCA etc state 6x2x2??

-Did you get an email reply?

It is shocking but sadly there are lots of small hutches about :(

We arent really supposed to post links like this on here

It is shocking but sadly there are lots of small hutches about :(

We arent really supposed to post links like this on here

Ooops...are we not?
I havent posted any before but some one else posted about something that was on EBay and posted the number for the item so i thought we could.

Ooops...are we not?
I havent posted any before but some one else posted about something that was on EBay and posted the number for the item so i thought we could.

No its because the person then ends up getting loads of messages telling them that its too small. It tends to work better if one person sends the right email gets their back up less so they are more likely to listen :D

Our local RSPCA in Cornwall has stated that rabbit hutches have to be 6ft x 3ft x 2ft 6ins. Never seen any that size for sale.

And you can bet that those are the outside dimensions including roof overhang . . . the inside would be much smaller!

Back