• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tiggy loo-loo U/D PICTURE

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
Unfortunately, I'm unsure where my mum put our photo's of Tigg (usually called tiggy loo-loo:lol:), but she was out beautiful German Shepherd cross dog.
She had the most amazing long life, but when I was around 6 years old, I remember trying to pick her up and carry her inside because I knew she had poorly legs.
One morning I went to school, and when I came home, I remember my mother saying Tigg had gone to heaven to be with the other doggies because she was poorly.
As I got older, I came to understand that her bladder was giving in, and she came to lose all her use in both legs. Our girl was an amazing 21 years old when she went to the bridge, and it was the kindest thing to do to end her suffering. She was very much loved for the whole 21 years of life, and she knew it.
I remember posting letters address to "Tiggy Loo-Loo in Heaven" telling her how much I missed her and how much I wanted her to come back.
I think of her a lot. I still miss her, but because I was so young, she seems like just a memory now :( this is for you Tigg, if you're at the Bridge waiting for my mum or me:

I sit and try to write the words, I want your heart to hear.
Hoping to find some comfort, in the fact that your not here.
I look out into the open field, that you once occupied,
Knowing now that field is empty, because my love, you've died.
I do believe with all my heart, that your soul has gone to be,
With all the other angel dogs, that you were meant to see.
We will have to stay behind, until God calls us too,
So do not be afraid, that he's only called for you.
The water is still, in the pond that you played,
And your bed is so empty, where your pretty head laid.
Our bed is to empty, where you once laid between,
the two people who LOVED you and now only dream,
That one day our eyes will shut one last time,
and you will come greet us, angel of mine.
Until then, I'll keep trying to see through my tears,
with memories you left us, to reflect through the years.
We'll never forget one minute we spent,
of loving and laughing, of places we went.
And I dread the day that your scent disappears,
for it's "proof" to me, Tigg, that you were just here!
But one day will come, when we'll start to see through,
the pain of the moment, and remember just "you".
Now you go and play, and look down when you can,
remembering we love you, and this isn't the end.

Last edited:
wow that is lovely :love: Ohhh yes definitely need a picture. I have a gsd cross. Hope she gets to 21, that is amazing!

:love:I've taken a photo of a photograph on my phone, but can't find the USB :( will add it as soon as I find it. She may of last longer if it weren't for her legs, but you can't argue with 21! Beautiful dog...

2013-02-25120622_zps2986956b.jpg

Here is my beautiful girl :love:

Back