• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three poorly buns

Thanks, Debbie.

The bottle of metacam alone was £60 - is that about right!:shock:

I seem to have had so much expense with the bunny fur monsters lately and yet the cats (probably tempting fate here) rarely go to the vet and three of them are much older than my buns.

I just hope Furby eats more tomorrow. I have Friday off work so, if necessary, I can take him back to the vet. I was surprised he ate pellets rather than soft stuff - but I guess he knows what he is doing - and so long as he is eating, I am happy.

Sorry to hear your buns are poorly. I had hoped that the glucosamine would help Dylan's arthritis a bit. Nino always did better on a higher dose of metacam to be honest. Vibes for them all, especially Furby x

Not sure what to do with Furby. Went out to give them all their brekkie and he ignored it. Went back in and looked out of the door and he was nomming pellets. I have to go to work today (but after that am not working until Sun night) so can't keep an eye on what Furby is eating.

I know that he will be a nightmare to syringe feed as he struggles just being picked up. I'm worried that the stress will stop him eating voluntarily altogether.

I am tempted to leave him for now and dash home later for ten minutes and see if I can catch him eating again. He won't eat if he knows I am watching for some reason. I started work late and finished early yesterday so I have to go in today.

Faye is eating more or less normally now. There is no change in Dylan - again he won't eat if I am watching but he is producing poos so something must be going through!

I don't know how Jane and those of you who run rescues/sanctuaries cope with having more than one poorly fur child at a time.

What size bottle of metacam did you have Rhianna?

£60 sounds awfully expensive.

I've just got my 2nd bottle, a 32ml bottle, and it cost me £16!

It's 100 ml - I think it's the biggest they do. I'll check the receipt again - think it was about £57 but not sure if that was before or after VAT.

They never 'phoned yesterday about my query over the bill so I will have to give them a ring later.

Dashed home from work to check on Furby and my work e-mails (excuse for coming home:)). Gave all the buns some parsley and Furby is happily nomming his so I feel a bit happier. Even though he isn't eating as much as usual so long as he is eating something, I am not going to syringe feed him.

Hopefully, when the antibiotics kick in normal nomming will be resumed:)

Back to work now.

That's good news, maybe it's just taking him a while to get his gut back to normal speed :?

The metacam sounds awfully expensive:shock:

Metacam sounds about right to me. 32ml was about £32 at our vets so a larger bottle would cost more. Gray I think you got yours at trade price! ;)

I'm home from work today:). Had picked some dandelion leaves yesterday and all buns were happily nomming them - while I was watching. I think Dylan's extra metcam is helping. The vet only wanted me to increase it for a couple of days and then said I could alternate the doses. What do you all think?

Faye is fine - I think she was worried about Furby. I am keeping an eye on Furby but am not intending to syringe feed. He is eating less than usual - but is having pellets and dandelion leaves now. I haven't seen him eating hay yet but that doesn't mean he isn't. He was given ten days of antibiotics so hopefully when the course is finished he will be back to being a nom monster again:)

Bunnies can be sooooo stressful - but are soooo worth it:):)

Back