• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those who board their bunnies when they go on holiday/away

Just managed to catch up on this thread.

Many relevant issues have been brought up and discussed.

From my point of view in running my own small business I try to meet as many peoples' expectations as possible.

I can't suit all of the people all of the time, but having been in business for 10 years now, have found out what suits many.

I pledge that I will always have the care and welfare of the animals' foremost in my mind.

I've had fully disabled bunnies, poorly bunnies, emotionally damaged bunnies, shy bunnies, adventurous bunnies...................................the list goes on.

Nothing has defeated me yet and hopefully never will.

My heart is truely in the work that I do and endeavour to do my very best at all times.

Finding someone who is passionate, knowledgeable and caring in such a profession really does make the difference.

I hope this is of use to you all.

Di. xx

Just the person :D

Any chance of replying to my other thread? http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327230

Also, how long did it take to build up your business? And, do you find you make 'enough' income from it?

Just the person :D

Any chance of replying to my other thread? http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327230

Also, how long did it take to build up your business? And, do you find you make 'enough' income from it?

I started my business from scratch in April 2002. A move from almost 25years being a banker to bunnies.

I only do small animal boarding on a VERY small scale. I also do dog walking, pet sitting, small holding care. In fact I will turn my hand to anything where the care of animals is concerned.

I definitely wouldn't make 'enough' income from just doing boarding. I also spend far too much on treats for the little ones!!!!!

It is exceptionally rewarding, but if you are as passionate about it as I am, it can be emotionally draining. I always want to make the little ones' stay as enjoyable as possible.

As well as providing for their nutritional needs, I am hugely aware of how important it is for them to have mental stimulation.

There have been many challenges over the years. At times I have felt rather daunted by them, but each time I have overcome any doubts, and provided the best possible care, love and attention that I can offer.

Sleepless nights, worry are all part and parcel of my job.

All that said.................best job in the world!!!!! I love it.

Back