• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This world makes me so angry at times

You are right. Prisons are definitley not as they should be. As I've already said before the hardworking, law abiding, taxpaying, citizen gets punished and the criminals, scallies, chavs, whatever you want to call them, get rewarded or "reformed". It was not so long ago that this stupid government was handing out brand new TV's to them (of course they will either be trashed or sold for drugs). I know someone who works in a hospital and they sent all the drug addicts on a 1500.00 a head holiday to Spain!!! :evil:

They choose to take drugs - there is no excuse for it because I know a few people going through awful times at the moment, but theyre not on drugs and theyre the nicest people you could ever meet. Why let druggies cost the NHS thousands??? If they want to do it let them - its their choice, maybe if they knew they would't be treat then they wouldn't do it!!!!

I may sound like an old woman having a moan but I'm actually only 21 incase your wondering!! :D

What makes me mad is that I have a neighbour who lost her husband in very sudden and tragic circumstances, she can't work because she is ill (and is older). She gets absoLutley NOTHING off the government, and is struggling financially, and has paid taxes all her life. It disgusts me. Maybe she should go out and vandalise things and burgle houses etc.

And....don't even get me started on what they do to hedgehogs and anything else they can get their hands on around here on bonfire night......

This country just makes me sick. Make me the prime minister and animals and the law abiding taxpayer/citizen will have justice, and the criminals will actually be punished.

hi

Thanks Helen - that's a really nice thing to say and I hope you're right!

Vianne I thought you were at least 50! - you can't understand boys until you've raised one - and then it's too late to wish you'd just stuck to rabbits :lol:

you can't understand boys until you've raised one

:lol: :lol: oh you are soooo right! having two small but very lively boys I know what you mean!!

you sound like you do a wonderfull job with your little boy!

Just a little note about this thread, the comments about low income families being to blame has left me feeling very uncomfortable, my family are going through a very hard time of it at the moment, but I pride myself on teaching my family right and wrong, personally I dont think money has anything to do with kids morals or behaviour, in fact the fact we are not doing so well money wise is forcing my kids to understand that life isnt all about getting your own way all the time. As I said earlier, its HOW you bring your child up, not where that matter

You're so right that it has little to do with income but everything to do with values and spending time as a family. It was when I lived in a very nice area, with "middle-class" children that I had all the trouble from kids and the need to move. My parents didn't have much money as we were growing up, but we spent a lot of time together, camping, walks, even mealtimes (which doesn't happen so often now..), and I feel I had an excellent childhood.

cazza269 said:
a lot of these prisoners get fed and educated better than our kids in britain!

The idea, crazy as it might sound, is that if you give people an education and treat them with a bit of respect you have a fighting chance of turning them around and gettin gthem to behave like proper civilised people.

Treating prisoners badly has been shown over and over to encourage them to reoffend; giving them a bit of education and something to look forward to has been shown over and over to reduce reoffending rates.

my point was more that these resources should be equal really....sorry its just that I am really strict about my kids food, only healthy stuff and it drives me crazy that their food spending in schools is too low to give them a good meal, instead of the rubbish they are fed ;)

Back