• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This rabbit still hasn't got a home.. free ads Wrexham

I live in Wrexham & I'd be happy to do 1 or 1 1/2 hours drive from here..Would do more but with 2 kids with me & the drive back to take into consideration..

karen354 said:
I live in Wrexham & I'd be happy to do 1 or 1 1/2 hours drive from here..Would do more but with 2 kids with me & the drive back to take into consideration..

it would help if you stated where 1-1.5 hours is so we can organise something :D

I live near Chester and am sorely tempted to foster her. I have a spare run, but would have to go and buy a new hutch. She'll also need vet checks and vacs. Absolutley paranoid about getting vaccinations as Floss contracted nodular myximatosis a couple of months back.

I haven't slept a wink all night worrying about the poor thing. As I said before I think I'd need to buy a new hutch, although I do have a new small 3' hutch which I bought to put in the garden run as a shelter for F & B. My spare run is 5'x4'. If I put the small hutch in the small run so she would have free access to the run would it matter so much about the size of the hutch as it would be purely for shelter and sleeping in..she wouldn't need to be confined to it at all as it is totally fox proof. I think I could run to paying for the vacs and vet check, but spaying would be just too much at the moment. This would be purely a fostering situation, so what would the chances be of rehoming her in the Spring? Please realise I'm just thinking aloud at the moment..haven't discussed it with my husband yet. I could do with some input .... :?

We are driving acroos to mid Wales sometime in the nest 2 weeks..if someone could bringhere down to meet me on our way back..we go via Shrewsbury..Newtown...Machcyncllyth....I can have her here ..or if I'm bursting at the seams with buns ..it will get her closer to Eve....?

I could drive her down to Shewsbury & meet you there... I live in Wrexham 15 miles or so from Oswestry...

Karen only thing is it would be about 7 pm ish and may have to ring you as we leave Machcynclleth..would that be ok and as yet I don't know the date. Jill x

That would okay.. I don't mind what time & where I have to drive to meet you, I just want Lady to have a nice home.. Would she live with you forever or would you try & find her a home ?

If she came to me I would rehome her but I may just be part of a bunny run to get her to Eve ..if she has space and I don't.

Hi Honeybun. I've pM'd you. I'm really keen to foster her, but won't know for sure till around 2.30. It also depends on whether my run/hutch combo is considered adequate. As I said I can just about stretch to the vaccinations, but spaying would be out of the question at the moment. Probably better to wait till the warmer weather anyway.

I think the hutch would be too small except on a very temp basis..say 48 hours..leaving a bun in a run overnight is a bit risky due to foxes digging in and buns digging out!

honeybunny said:
I think the hutch would be too small except on a very temp basis..say 48 hours..leaving a bun in a run overnight is a bit risky due to foxes digging in and buns digging out!

Totally agree with that, a fox tried to get at Sharon and Ozzy before by digging into the run.

Eve is full too at the moment. Is there anyone else that could foster her until there is room at one of the rescues?

If there's completely nowhere for it to go, I have one empty cage - but is it at risk? It's just it's from a breeder & I don't really want to be freeing up space. Only looked cos there were 6 pages of posts! :oops:

I would only be fostering anyway.

Also, where is Wrexham?? :oops: :lol:

Great news we've found a wonderful foster mummy for lady... As you know katie wasn't able to keep her at hers any longer so Capel(Hilda) Is taking her.. I'm meeting Katie tomorrow & will drive Lady to Hilda's...

Back