• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This rabbit still hasn't got a home.. free ads Wrexham

karen354

Warren Veteran
I remember someone posting a week or so about this rabbit.. I emailed the woman yesterday & the poor little darling still hasn't found a home.. I would love to have her but can't as I only had my rescue bunny on Monday.. If anyone knows of a good home for her please contact the owner..

Placed: 2nd Dec | Location: Nr Wrexham (Map)
FREE TO A GOOD HOME. Lovely orange lionhead doe called Lady. Sweet natured and very laid back. Not suitable for breeding as she carries the no mane gene, though she does have a mane herself. She is around 18 months old and is absolutely beutiful. She has a wonderful personality. To a very good home only, will come with 2 weeks food and a caresheet.
website link
free
I do not accept Western Union, MoneyGram, overseas cashiers cheque or shipping with refunds.

Show all Freeads from SweetCherryStud

Call me on 07013 106877

learn more

Eve had offered to find a good home for her, too, and some people were ready to do a bunny run. But it seems as if the owner does not reply to emails or phone calls.

Oh the owner emailed me almost straight back to say they are still looking for a home for her..Let me know if anyone would like me to try emailing the owner for them or collecting Lady, I have a childrens playshed that i could convert into a large hutch for her & keep her until someone could pick her up.

I know so sad that she doesn't want this lovely little girl just because she can't breed her..... I cry everytime I see her pic..

If the bunny is free why don't you get her, she'll probably be used to being kept outside so will go in your shed. You can actually bond one male with two girls if you wanted to? If you didn't want to keep her you could spay her and rehome her.

Be careful though, Karen, these bunnies and piggies are addictive, in June I had no pets - now I have 7 :lol:

I know I think I'll end up with more than two before I know it... Molly will need to be spayed & injections within the next month & with them not being bonded yet I feel I would be biting off more than I could chew with getting lady aswell.. I haven't had Molly 1 week yet so I'm still settling her in as she's very nervous... If I did get lady I would feel guilty her living alone in the shed & then would have to get her a boyfriend..

I must admit last night I did think I am going to go & pick that little sweetheart up.. How much would the average price be for a female to be spayed ? At them moment haven't really got the money for Molly & lady to be spayed & injections... So tempted though she needs someone to love her..

If you can get hold of her, do - I'm sure someone on here would take her on as a foster (or a rescue would take her if they have space), as said above, people have offered but not been able to get in touch

Vet prices seem to vary widely, Pippa was £70 for a spay, £9 for myxi and £11 for vhd but I've heard of prices well in excess of these as well as lower fees. Ring round local vets tomorrow and see what they quote.

Either Eve or myself will take her..when we have space..if she can be fostered til then..only problem with this time of year is when a space will come up so may people dumping pets :cry: ...and if you could help by getting her mxyi jabbed it would help either rescue and protect the bun!

As I say, I am happy to foster her for Eve for as long as needed.
Can you get her Karen?
Could we arrange a bunny run?

Hi, Kent is a long way from me but if we could arrange like you said bunny run I will be more than happy to drive within an hour from Wrexham.. Lets see if we can get something arranged... A lady called katie has also offered to do some fostering she has a hutch & run.. I have sent her a measage asking if she could possibly take lady.. I do have a playhouse but no run & would have to bunnyproof it before I take a bunny in...

I'm hopeless with a map & my hubby isn't here to give me a hand.. If anyone can work out 1 hour from Wrexham but 1 hour nearer kent & then maybe someone can meet me & drive another hour nearer kent...Hope I make sense ... lets try & get lady out of there for Christmas
karen x x

Hi

God that was quick! Selfish- but i feel less useless now!

We are about 20mins from Wrexham- so wouldn't be a prob- i have a funny feeling i know who it is, we have had a few buns ending up in the rescue from her!

Free this weekend, so let me know when is best and where. We have plenty of food and bales of hay so she will be spoilt.

She's a breeder isn't she ? This poor unwanted little girl has been in the free ads for a few months now... I'm happy to get her as soon this owner will allow me to collect her I can always bring her to yours if thats any help ?

Yep- in the xtreme sense of the word! If its the one i am thinking of the buns are in 2ft sq hutches and she also has guinea Pigs!

Whereabout are you - did you want me to collect her- its only up the road(so to speak!)whatever is easier for you! I can email pics tomorrow to show you where she will be staying for the time being!

How long do you think the poor thing will be here for?

Kt x

Found the advert, the website is different and the person sounds like a young girl, not the elderly breeder i was thinking of.

I'm hoping that one of the ladies that is willing to take Lady will post a message by this evening.. & then when we know she has got a home with them we can then sort out picking her up..

It's just sorting out the bunny run..
I'm in Wrexham so Ladys owner will only live 10 mins away from me...

I collected my rescue rabbit up on Monday from capricon animan rescue Mold... There were loads of rabbits there waiting for homes, I have emailed them today to let them know I would willing to help them out if they ever get over run & have to turn bunnys away...

It's really good now that theres two of us willing to foster from time to time lets keep in contact & we can help each other.( & live quite near each other). I have had no experience in fostering though but now have two house rabbits so think I will be fine..

Back