• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is very hard for me to ask but... UPDATE. Listed on RR Pg1

well brian is up on his own... feel bad listing him alone but he'd be fine with anyone, he's such a friendly chap.

HOPEFULLY one of my friends will take the piggles... she loves them and seems quite interested. we'll see come april however

he's really funny about security etc so i can't say the exact place but it's around indonesia/malaysia/phillipines type area. I'll be very excited once i've found the buns a nice home.

((hugs)) it must be very hard for you doing this. But you're doing the right thing, putting the bunnies first. xx

he's really funny about security etc so i can't say the exact place but it's around indonesia/malaysia/phillipines type area. I'll be very excited once i've found the buns a nice home.

my dad was in the RAF and I was brought up in Singapore - definitely not the climate for bunnies! And don't worry you will find plenty of animals there to rescue - they sell food live in the markets :(

This might be a stupid question but presumably you're coming back when three years is up?

Can someone not foster or will that not be possible as you possibly don't know where you'll end up?

Huge hugs to you Helen, I know how much the mean to you :(

This might be a stupid question but presumably you're coming back when three years is up?

Can someone not foster

I was working towards that idea but it seems that Buddabun wants to rehome them instead because she has now listed them for rehoming and didn't answer my enquiry about them,

I rally hope they find a good home because they are beautiful

Can someone not foster or will that not be possible as you possibly don't know where you'll end up?

Huge hugs to you Helen, I know how much the mean to you :(

I seem to remember you get exotic postings by choice - they don't just send you unless there's a war on - you have to apply to be posted anywhere like that, so it was a choice they made when they already had the bunnies etc.

sorry snowy i missed your last questions.

charlie and jack are bonded, brian would be happy wherever he went i think. they are indoor at the moment due to the cold but are used to being outside with room to run about.

first of all, before you make any snap judgements about me, yes we did apply for that posting because it's a fantastic opportunity that i'm sure most of you would go for if you had the chance. We were told that hubby would have a very good chance of getting it because of teaching experience/cultural flexibility etc. At the time one of my friends told me she would be happy to take the bunnies for 3 years but has since backed down (when she realised it was actually a possiubility).

I have put then on rabbit rehome as that is what you all advised to do. I did not think anyone would want to keep them for 3 years and then give them back. That would be my ideal solution but I doubted anyone would go for it as htey'd have to give them up after 3 years. seems selfish.

listen, think of me what you will but I ADORE those rabbits, even brian who I've only had for a few months (Joanne I had to get him for work, I COULD give him back but I would rather find him a loving home as I don't know that they'd actually feed him let alone let him out). and that is why I'm starting looking for homes so early. I have been in tearrs about this. I don't want to have to give up my little ones but I can't see any other choice.

Judge me if you must for going abroad but my husband is not going to turn down the opportunity of a dream posting like this just because we have pets. I know you all have bunnies' welfare at heart but I did not take this decision lightly and it has been tearing me apart since we applied. obviously i wanted the posting but i don't want to have to give up the bunnies. now the decision has been made, we are going and I have 3 months to find my rabbits a suitable, loving home.

fostering would be my first choice but I thought it was only short term until they found a suitable.

Awww this much be such a hard decision for you to make...I think you are doing the right thing in facing it early and getting them new homes sorted xxxx

Back