• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking of Buying From P@H ?

Couldn't look at them all they're too sad but all my stuff comes from a supplies (only) shop thankfully.

Really disgusting I hope the message spreads.

Ok I knew they were bad and after visiting a store for a while I got angry at how little they inform of care how little they give a Ross of the size of cage these poor animals are put in when bought and how they let them go home with peole who have admited they are unlikely to get a bigger cage as the animals grows ....

But now I know this.... I am not buying anything from them again :(

We were made aware of this late yesterday and can assure you it is being dealt with at the highest level including ALL our Senior Directors and our Head of Pets who has been a qualified vet for over 20 years.

What it should actually read there is:

We were made aware of this late yesterday and can assure you it is being swept under the carpet at the highest level including ALL our Senior Directors and our Head of Pets who is a knob-womble.

We were made aware of this late yesterday and can assure you it is being swept under the carpet at the highest level including ALL our Senior Directors and our Head of Pets who is a knob-womble.

Oh thank you, I so badly needed a laugh !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I missed the original page, but that is fantastic!! :lol:

Rabbits Require Rights have a cop of every submission to the site. And they have been sent to various governing bodies. The lady who runs RRR is really brave, she is essentially and investigator into the welfare issues at pet shops. Lets hope this goes somewhere. I think PAH are guilty and no amount of 'legal action' will stop people from talking.

I saw this on rabbits require rights facebook page. I hate that store but did get my pellets from there. Never step foot in one again!Think their their problem is at management level in the stores. I once witnessed a hamster trapped between glass and the staff just said oh they are always getting stuck it will get out eventually. Must have been so stressed! Think I've shocked a couple of friends enough to stop them going in! Although one did say it may just be ex employees making it up :'(

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This ought to have gone on their facebook page instead!

I never saw the link before it was taken down. However some are saying there's no proof these pics were taken in Pets at Home? Is it true?

I think so

Nice to know they are putting their profits to good use............. :censored:

so instead of using those funds to show they are not the evil :censored: they are being made out to be they choose to take legal action which makes them look like they have something to hide?

and instead of retaliating but show us differently ie how they DO look after their animals they do that...

well they can :censored:

*skips off to internet shops*

there would never be a way to 100% prove it

however this is coming from people who worked there.......

:(

I thought it was a disgruntled ex-employee, according to a few pages I read.

It wouldn't be the first time an ex worker has done something like this as revenge. If it was your business being attacked, would you not try and get the website removed while it was invetigated? I know I would if it was mine! I think its quite sensible to take it down!

Not trying to defend P@H in any way, I just didn't see the photos/link and don't think its fair to comment. But for what its worth, I would never buy a pet from there either.

Last edited:
Feeling really ashamed now as have only just read this thread but I went to p@h today to buy a litter tray for my buns:oops: as trying to house train them for the hour they get in the house each day as have now bunny proofed the living room so they can have freedom instead of just getting cuddles on my lap! they had the most adorable bun there for rehoming who came straight up to the glass when I bent down to him and then started binking to me to show off! Lucky OH was with me or I would have brought him home with me but still keep thinking about him and really hope he gets a wonderful forever home. Although have tried convincing OH that the bun would be better of with us not that it really works as we have two girls so would also need to get him a wife and bond the pair! It's the bonding that terrifies me!

I thought it was a disgruntled ex-employee, according to a few pages I read.

It wouldn't be the first time an ex worker has done something like this as revenge. If it was your business being attacked, would you not try and get the website removed while it was invetigated? I know I would if it was mine! I think its quite sensible to take it down!

Not trying to defend P@H in any way, I just didn't see the photos/link and don't think its fair to comment. But for what its worth, I would never buy a pet from there either.

I have heard ex pets and home employees who left because of the ill treatment say the things the blog said went on actually did.....

it may not be all p@h's but I once saw a hamster eating another hamster in a p@h and they didnt try to stop it....... and i over heard one of the people who worked there say "thats the sick hamster that was supposed to be taken out"

:(

and when I went into a p@h some of the bunnies had open wounds that they never noticed i pointed them out and they put them in qurenteen to be treated and he said " oh they all fought when we first put them together we have to let them fight or they wont live together sometimes they get hurt, didnt realise they were injured"

there were big open wounds.....

so I can believe it.....

Back