• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Liquorice has got bloat U/D he's eating normally :)

I continued to feed Liquorice mushed up SS and baby food laced with pro biotic last night, and also have been feeding him the rehydration salts. He was managing a few sips of water himself when I went to bed last night. Hubby stayed up with him til 2am. He tempted him with a bowl of veg, and Liquorice took out of the bowl a small piece of carrot which he ate, and a small piece of brocolli which he also ate. He also took some plantain too, as he loves that, and he managed 2 naturals carroty treats.

This morning he wasn't interested in food again, but after I fed him the mushed up pellets he perked up and I've just seen him eat a bit of apple and a bit of brocolli, he has also eaten quite a bit of plantain. He is still not interested in pellets though, and I have never managed to get him to eat hay.

He is due at the vets at 10am this morning, so will see what they say.

Must be a good sign if he is choosing to take the food himself now. Keep your fingers crossed for him! :)

I'm so glad he's doing this well.

I suppose it might take a while for him to poo as he hasn't eaten much. Hopefully the plantain contains a fair bit of fibre to get things moving again.

Still vibing like mad for him.

I don't know if you have any raspberry leaves available but if you want some I can post some on - PM your address if you want some sending. It's been one of the best things I've found to get rabbits interested. I can't remember what properties they have but are particularly beneficial in these circumstances.

There's a collection from the sorting office at 1pm so they could be with you tomorrow.

Still sending loads of vibes for Liquorice, I hope his veggie eating is the start of some improvement. Come on Liquorice! x x x x x

awww hun thats a great sign that hes eating for himself... when i read up on stasis it said it can take weeks for a bunny to get to 100% so i think hes well on his way to recovery..

sending loads of poop vibes so you can start to relax that your little boy is gonna be alright xxxxxx

I don't know if you have any raspberry leaves available but if you want some I can post some on - PM your address if you want some sending. It's been one of the best things I've found to get rabbits interested. I can't remember what properties they have but are particularly beneficial in these circumstances.

There's a collection from the sorting office at 1pm so they could be with you tomorrow.

I have a raspberry plant in my garden, but thank you for the offer :)

I managed to get him to eat some of them this morning, and he ate a few SS pellets according to hubby, and he also said that he did a few poos.

Went to vets and they gave him some more metawhatsit via injection. But tonight again I am not getting him to eat anything, so I will have to mush up some more SS pellets for him!

When he's not eating does he seem interested then not eat ... or is he just not interested? (I'm still working on the 'could it be his teeth' theory ...)

I suppose it could also be related to whether the painkiller is currently active or not, depending on what's causing the problem in the first place.. :(

If only he could tell you

Well he wasn't eating again, so I have syringed him some SS pellets - 30mins after that I caught him eating the normal pellets. It's almost as if I have to stimulate his appetite to get him going. Maybe his appetite is not up to speed yet. Also I was wondering if the painkillers were actually supressing his appetite as he only seems to want to eat late evening and early morning. Then when he's been for his morning shot at the vets he doesn't eat a thing, and doesn't seem interested for the rest of the day.

They have checked his teeth and they are not the best of condition, but there are no tears in the mucosis (think that's what they said) and there are no spurs. Also he probably wouldn't eat at all if it was his teeth. At least he's pooing anyway, and we'll just have to see how it goes. Still need loads of vibes!

I've got to admit, when I got into a panic with Rudy last week - on the day after his belly ache I took him back to the vets (even though he seemed fine) so she could check his teeth, gut sounds and temperature.

The gut sounds were back to normal, as was his temperature, nothing to see teeth-wise. He didn't eat for a couple of hours when we got back so I got all panicked again ... I really do think the second trip to the vets unsettled him .. especially the mouth examination.

So yes, touch wood, hopefully Liquorice just needs time to get back on track... I really hope so!

Sending a truck load of vibes for him

Sending him some more vibes. At least he is eating something himself and is pooing which is a good sign.

It could be his teeth, some bunnies will still eat even though they have problems.

I'll just have to keep an eye on him. At least I know he's eating now.

Been a very expensive weekend - over £200, but my little man is worth it :)

and hows his poor mum too? still vibing here xxxxx

I'm OK :lol: and Liquorice managed to eat his breakfast without me having to kick start his appetite. He's still not his usual greedy self, but I'm sure he will be soon. At least he's got a gurgly tummy now :) I am still keeping a close eye on him, because everytime I think he's OK & eating he changes his mind and doesn't! :?

Awwww only just caught this thread, I'm so sorry you've had such a worry with Liquorice. Really hope he's on the mend now, so sending lots of 'eating and pooing' vibes.:)

Well Moo moo had been jumping on him trying to get him better!! Come on husbun she says you must get better because I need you to groom me! :lol: :lol:

Back