• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Liquorice has got bloat U/D he's eating normally :)

Struggling to cope here. I am trying to do a test for one of my exams that is due in and I just can't concentrate, and my mother always has to say the most inappropriate thing at every opportunity. She said I hope they look after him properly at the vets as some places admit them and then just leave them on their own and don't look after them. :evil:

(when I was booked in to have my eyes lasered it was, do you really have both eyes done the same day, what happens if it goes wrong and you go blind? very helpful that comment!)

Mummy is thinking of you Mr Ticklish Liquorice

Liquorice014.jpg

Aw bless you Liquorice, he is in the best place at the vets, you have done brilliantly nursing him all night and have done all you can do. It must be so hard to concentrate on your exam right now. Thinking of you and Liquorice, I hope you hear some better news soon x x

im so glad they admitted him... youll get him home in a few days as if nothing happened... well thats the way im vibing for it to happen xxxxxx

Poor Liquorice, it sounds like you have done everything you can! I really feel for you both! I'm sure the vets will take good care of him and he'll be home in no time for snuggles! Sending many get well vibes!!!! VIBES, VIBES :D

Liquorice has been at the vets all day today. They have fed him baby food, and water. He has not done any poo. They x-rayed him, and cannot find an obvious cause. He has a few tiny pockets of gas, but nothing to cause a blockage, and it must be working it's way out somehow. But he just won't eat himself. He has had more pain relief today and is going back to vets in morning. I have been feeding him mashed up pellets and baby food with probiotics, and also water. I just don't know what else I can do!

Liquorice has been at the vets all day today. They have fed him baby food, and water. He has not done any poo. They x-rayed him, and cannot find an obvious cause. He has a few tiny pockets of gas, but nothing to cause a blockage, and it must be working it's way out somehow. But he just won't eat himself. He has had more pain relief today and is going back to vets in morning. I have been feeding him mashed up pellets and baby food with probiotics, and also water. I just don't know what else I can do!

Has he had an anti-GI ulcer med eg Ranitidine (Zantac) or Cimetidine (Tagamet)?
If he has had an empty tum for some time he is at risk of GI ulceration. The use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain relief (Metacam/Rimadyl/Norocarp) may exacerbate this problem. A 'hot spot' for GI ulceration is around the pylorus where the stomach empties and I think this is where you said the Vet detected some pain :? Athough GI ulceration is unlikely to be the primary cause of Liquorice's illness it may now be a feature of it and if so will make him even less willing to eat.

Did the Vet give fluid therapy either sub-cutaneous or IV ?
Have they run a blood profile?
I assume they have checked his teeth.

Have the vets taken some of his blood to send away for a bacterial culture to see if he has an infection and I know this might sound silly but did your vet take his temperature?

Temperature taken, but no bloods as far as I am aware and no IV drip.

Jane - I wish you were local to me. I could really do with you talking to my vet! They tell me stuff and I don't really take it in as I don't understand it, and I don't know what questions to ask, and what responses to have when they do tell me stuff. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you live any where near Harrogate?Francis harcourt-Brown has a pracice there and she is one of the top bunny vets in the country

I hope you/they get to the bottom of it soon.... it's heartbreaking thinking of him being so unwell :cry:

I know the little guy has a dental history so hopefully that was the first thing they thought of :?

Sending loads of vibes

Do you live any where near Harrogate?Francis harcourt-Brown has a pracice there and she is one of the top bunny vets in the country

Harrogate is about an hour away from me. I have looked at their site, but not sure if it's too far to travel?!

Harrogate is about an hour away from me. I have looked at their site, but not sure if it's too far to travel?!

If Liquorice is up to the journey Francis is your best bet.She is a buuny expert.I wanted to take Barlie to see her but I got told it was a 7 hour journey,which I didnt think was fare.Do you have any raspberry leaves to give to Liquorice as they are good for his tummy?I would also try and temp him with some cow parsley if you can find some tomorrow.You said he was trying to eat the lino which makes me wonder If he is trying to get something into his body which he needs to heal himself.Is he eating hey

Back