• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Liquorice has got bloat U/D he's eating normally :)

I've just fed him some baby food and tried to mash up his pellets but that's not going too well.

Is there anyone nearby who could get some science recovery or critical care to me tomorrow? I know it's a big ask and a long shot, but I don't know where to get it, and get it by tomorrow!

He's had some more pain relief at vet and they will see him tomorrow, but it's up to me, to get the food down him and I'm really struggling. I could cry as I am so stressed already before all this happened, and hubby is not helping matters. :cry:

He's had some more pain relief at vet and they will see him tomorrow, but it's up to me, to get the food down him and I'm really struggling. I could cry as I am so stressed already before all this happened, and hubby is not helping matters. :cry:

if it was me hun, id forget trying to get food into him.. id keep putting water into him, hourly and atleast 10ml as well as infacol hopefully the painkiller and fluids plus making him move will make him want to eat on his own.... i really beleive its fluids that got alvin eating again (ofcourse pain relief was probably the main help) but the vets as far as i know didnt force feed just gave him gut stimulant drugs and pain killer while he was on a drip.

sending loads of new vibes xxxxxxxxxx

Is all they gave painkiller? Did they give any Metaclop/gut stimulant?
As Donnamt says I think water/liquid is the most important thing to get into him to prevent dehydration.
What a worry, Sending more vibes x x

Is all they gave painkiller? Did they give any Metaclop/gut stimulant?
As Donnamt says I think water/liquid is the most important thing to get into him to prevent dehydration.
What a worry, Sending more vibes x x

They gave him the following injections today metoclopramide, and vetergesic and norocarp!! (that is what is says on my bill!)

I am also giving him lactade - think this is the rehydration salts

I have managed to get 5ml of baby food down him tonight which from his reaction he thought was vile, and 15mls of mushed up pellets with water & probiotics. His belly feels even more bloated now poor wee love. Am I doing the right thing giving him all this? I am going to try him with some more baby food now, and also some of the rehydration salts. I am staying up all night with him :(

Im not entirely sure as its beyond impossible to syringe anything into Rhia so I just have to let the vets deal with her when shes poorly, but I would probably stop with everything except warm water as if there is something blocking his gut it will probably make it worse. I really feel for you, Its so difficult when they are poorly :( XXXX

No poos this morning. Have given him 5ml of baby food and 30mls of rehydration fluid - ie mainly water. Off to vets in half an hour - will keep you updated :(

He's been hospitalised for the time being and will be x-rayed. Seems the problem is near his stomach rather than in the colon, so they are going to see what the blockage is. Caught him eating lino this morning, so wondering if he has got it all stuck?

Sounds like you're nearing to getting him sorted out.

Has it been questioned whether it's dental? I didn't know that dental problems could cause stomach upsets/gas until Jane told me on Monday, if they eat less roughage (probably usually harder food) then they can get upsets as the digestion slows down. Fortunately it wasn't the case this time with Rudy but my previous dental bunny (Bungee) once had to be admitted with a blockage (only signs were she sat on litter tray straining and produced nothing), she got the blockage because her molars needed burring.

Sending more vibes. I know how worrying it is.

Back