• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think ive made a choice

Im in sunny norfolk , carrot munching and tractor driving jokes greatly appriciated :).

Have rang round a few RSPCA and the like today but without much joy.

I fear I maybe drawn into the trap of seeing a rabbit looking lonely in a shop and wanting to give it a home, i know its bad i know , but neil had such a sad little face . Damn you pets at home , damn you

Nothing wrong with em but living in norfolk with limited transport i.e. relying on friends , thats about 3.5 hours away.

silly silly i think you must be new here.....we can organise bunny runs deary!! lol its been known to be done many times to find good homes. hope you find a rescue bun or pair.

bun lover i dont know what a bunny run is and i have heard it mentioned many times,could you please explain?

Superug i think if you were interested in a bunny wherever it is we could all help with transport for a good home

Jackie

silly silly i think you must be new here.....we can organise bunny runs deary!! lol its been known to be done many times to find good homes. hope you find a rescue bun or pair.

Absolutely! We've just recently organised for a bunny to travel from Bradford down to London on here! :D

What happens about a home check if a bunny run is needed.If superrug wants to adopt those bunnies on Rabbit Rehome how is this arranged?

jACKIE

We had Cassius run to me in Sheffield from Kent last week! Some rescues will take vet/previous rescues references or somone in your local area may volunteer to do the homecheck.

One of my bunnies is from a rescue in Lancashire and with the help of two members of this forum he travelled down to Surrey. You just need to post a request for a bunny run on the forum, or ask one of the moderators to post it for you in the right section. Although more people will see it if it is posted in rabbit chat.
Homechecks can be done by members of this forum, too. The rescue would put up a request and try to find someone who lives in your area. That person would then get a list of questions to ask and may need to take some photos of your house, i.e. if it is bunny proof etc..
You may also want to look at some of the medium to bigger sized bunnies that are not really giant, but who do get overlooked because they are too big for some and too small for those who insist on getting a true giant. And make sure to read about health problems specific to giants, so that you are prepared for that.

Im in sunny norfolk , carrot munching and tractor driving jokes greatly appriciated :).

Have rang round a few RSPCA and the like today but without much joy.

I fear I maybe drawn into the trap of seeing a rabbit looking lonely in a shop and wanting to give it a home, i know its bad i know , but neil had such a sad little face . Damn you pets at home , damn you

It is awful isnt it :9 i saw two amazing coffee coloured lionheads th otehr day in a shop and was so temnpted...*but* you need to remember, if you "save" a lonely pet shop bun, they will just breed others to take his place and you can never save them all. If we all stopped buying from shops there would be far less of a problem of bunnies with no homes.

yep thats the one! i have no proof thats she sells them to harrods i have only been told by quite few highly trustable breeders.

Last edited:
Id like to thank everyone that posted and Im now convinced on getting a home rabbit. Went to "pets at home" at the weekend and they had a giant house rabbit. Now ive decided this is just what id like , but they are £130 quid each is this right ??? And is there anywhere else near norfolk that i could get one from.

Many Thanks

Ben

Just out of intrest why did you decide on a gaint? they dont have a very long lifespan! heartbreacking when they go!:cry:

She breed them! and sells them to Harrods!

You are quire correct, Sue does breed as well, but her rescues and her own rabbits are very seperate and she doesn't rehome stuff shes bred as 'rescues'. I don't know about her supplying Harrods but i know her homebred Giants have a harrodesque pricetag! :lol:

Her setup is fantastic, a huge brick built shed with 8ft hutches - its fabulous.

Back