• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Theo's dying U/D He's gone

Thank you everyone. I am home now, I've seen Theo, said my goodbyes but he's still with us!!

I discussed with the vet that the kindest thing to do would be to put him to sleep and she then left me time alone with the bunnies. Theo hopped straight into the carrier to see his friends and seemed quite active where as this morning he was wobbly! When the vet came back into the room and saw him she suggested we give him one final chance and xray to double check nothing more can be done. This morning she would not xray as he was so ill and she believed it would most certainly push him over the edge... but as he has picked up a little this afternoon, the risk of losing him whilst xraying is less severe although it could still happen...

He is still not breathing right so we can't be too hopeful as this must be a serious condition but for now fingers crossed for a miracle. xx

PS. For those who don't know Theo, this is him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5TqAYNNgBo

Last edited:
Glad the news is more positive, though obviously the long-term still isn't great.

It must have done you good to see him enthusiastic to see his friends. :love:

I am so very sorry to read about Theo :cry:

Sending mega Vibes for him from all of us here at Tuckerbunnies Warren xxxxx

Thinking of you xxxx

Just seen the video of him it's beautiful.

Glad the news is more positive, though obviously the long-term still isn't great.

It must have done you good to see him enthusiastic to see his friends. :love:

It was lovely to see :) I wish they could stay with him and the vet usually advises it but in Theo's case she believes it would do more harm than good for now.

This was Theo this morning looking so ill :(

Compared to when I went to see him... as you can see, there is a massive improvement in the way he looks. :)

I'm so sorry :cry: Glad you made it home and he was happy to see his friends. Hope the vet can keep him comfortable until it's time. Sending lots of vibes for Theo xx

he does look brighter bless him, maybe he was waiting for you to come and see him, whatever happens, sending lots of vibes your way xxx

oh emma just seen your facebook update, sorry the x-rays where not good, sending peaceful passing vibes now and comfort to you xxxx :cry:

Oh, he is a beauty! Love your youtube video. Thankful for the updates, what a little trooper; wishing you both strength.

My little guy is at Rainbow Bridge now. :cry: He went peacefully with Hector and Poppy next to him. They've been snuggled up to him since, they know.

Although he looked bright when I went to the vets, I know I did the right thing. I saw his x-rays. An abscess in his lung had caused his windpipe to get pushed up and that was affecting his breathing. He wouldn't have lived much longer if we went along with treatment and my vet and myself decided it would have been cruel to go along with it. The only reason he seemed bright was because he was on oxygen all day but obviously he can't be on oxygen for the rest of his life.

He's free now xx

It's so unfair he's gone so young but looking at that video, it might have been shorter than most but it was a good life, he was a lucky little soul :love:

I'm so sorry, sleep tight theo. I hope it's some small comfort that he was with you and his friends at the end, feeling loved and peaceful xx

Back