• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Sunday Heralds view on rabbit week! **new link on pg1

Reading that article has really upset me. What kind of reaction did she think she was going to get?? She should be totally ashamed.

I cant believe that, rabbit abuse aside, what a pointless load of old tosh! A complete waste of paper and ink and the stupid woman has obviously completely missed the point! .....and she actually gets paid for this????? :?

:censored:

Believe it or not I've found another Sunday Herald article dissing rabbits. This one is by some muppet who thinks us bunny lovers are OTT.

He also thinks he's hilarious making jokes about rabbit pie. Hmmm, not heard that 'joke' a million times before. :evil:

http://www.sundayherald.com/search/...t_just_for_easter_its_for_a_stew_or_a_pie.php

how weird - what was even the point of him writing that article? its not like it contained any news...or any information..or even anything to set you thinking. other than the thought "never buy the sunday herald" that is.

What a prat the man is, where have all the serious journalists that make a living reporting the actual news gone? How these idiots ever got employed to right such a load of cobblers is beyond me :roll:

What a prat the man is, where have all the serious journalists that make a living reporting the actual news gone? How these idiots ever got employed to right such a load of cobblers is beyond me :roll:

It's probably a case of 'it's not what you know, it's who you know' :?

Comment left.

What is it with this paper? Has the editor had a bad experience with a rabbit? Why else would you publish yet another pointless article?

Total rubbish...

I left a comment to remind that stupid woman that under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 she could be charged with 'unnecessary suffering'

:censored::censored::censored:

Just left a message to say that her attitude is why we need Rabbit Week.
Also from the picture of her link found her e-mail and sent the following
"Get your rabbit to someone who will look after it properly. From your article you obviously can't."

The author has now posted a comment:

I would like to point out that this was intended as a light hearted column about the fact that, however much your children seem to want a pet, you cannot guarantee that they will fully engage with it. At no point did I say that our rabbit is ill treated, or that I would consider throwing him from a moving car. I have kept rabbits since I was a very young child and know how to look after them. I'm very fond of them actually! Our pet is well fed, kept in clean conditions and often scampers around our house, much to the consternation of hygiene-freak friends. He is certainly not neglected and does not need to be 'saved' or 'rescued'.

My comment that I 'let it die' (ie, our previous pet) was supposed to highlight my regret that, although she died from an illness - as did her sibling, with different owners - we had been unable to prevent this from happening.

:evil::evil::evil: what a stupid creature she is... id love to stick her in a hutch down the bottom of my garden and give her an hour of freedom once a week!

The author has now posted a comment:

I would like to point out that this was intended as a light hearted column about the fact that, however much your children seem to want a pet, you cannot guarantee that they will fully engage with it. At no point did I say that our rabbit is ill treated, or that I would consider throwing him from a moving car. I have kept rabbits since I was a very young child and know how to look after them. I'm very fond of them actually! Our pet is well fed, kept in clean conditions and often scampers around our house, much to the consternation of hygiene-freak friends. He is certainly not neglected and does not need to be 'saved' or 'rescued'.

My comment that I 'let it die' (ie, our previous pet) was supposed to highlight my regret that, although she died from an illness - as did her sibling, with different owners - we had been unable to prevent this from happening.

Was that your Cloud that left a response? What a clever bunny he is :D

Have left my comment on the second unbelievably crass piece of work. Maybe its her husband. Sounds moronic enough.

Her retraction / explanation is a joke. A lot of back peddling going on I think. I think that the reaction to her column is what prompted the other idiot to write his. He has obviously been intrigued by the reaction that she got and thought we were a bunch of nutter. Hope he enjoys the millions of comments that he gets too. :evil::evil::evil:

I think the other article was printed before Fiona's. When I search on their website it appears that it was printed in July 2007. How it went unnoticed for so long without any comments is quite amazing!

Back