• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The shed!! Nearly finished *PICS*

Loving it, the paint dried then I take it? :lol:

More or less!! :lol: I put the heater on and hair dryer til it cut out and I was sweating :lol: it was only the dips where the knot holes were that were still a bit wet but nothing has sat on top of any wet bits so it's still got the rest of the week to completely dry out before they move in :thumb:

Thank you to all that have commented, it's really nice to hear that people like it after all the work I've put into it :D I'm hoping it proves practical, I'm a bit nervous about all the carpet mats and rugs getting weed on but hopefully they won't!!

More or less!! :lol: I put the heater on and hair dryer til it cut out and I was sweating :lol: it was only the dips where the knot holes were that were still a bit wet but nothing has sat on top of any wet bits so it's still got the rest of the week to completely dry out before they move in :thumb:

Ewww, betty swollocks! :lol: figurative speech...

I think it'll be perfect anyway, maybe stand in there for 10 mins in the evening until they're in there just wafting around the hair dryer again maybe?
If you can't get it totally dry using the hair dryer then I think it'll deffo be ok for when they do end up moving in! So exciting!

Ewww, betty swollocks! :lol: figurative speech...

I think it'll be perfect anyway, maybe stand in there for 10 mins in the evening until they're in there just wafting around the hair dryer again maybe?
If you can't get it totally dry using the hair dryer then I think it'll deffo be ok for when they do end up moving in! So exciting!

Yeah I'm sure it'll be dry by Friday :D It better be!!

Yeah I'm sure it'll be dry by Friday :D It better be!!

Are you putting carpet on the floor too? If so then it might not matter so much. If they've got other stuff to play with I doubt they'd think about the paint, but obviously you may risk getting it on their little feets!!!

Painted rabbits toenails... hmmmmmm ;):lol:

Are you putting carpet on the floor too? If so then it might not matter so much. If they've got other stuff to play with I doubt they'd think about the paint, but obviously you may risk getting it on their little feets!!!

Painted rabbits toenails... hmmmmmm ;):lol:

Haha u should have seen my feet :lol: I just had my socks on then when I took them off my feet were full of grey patches!! No I'm not carpeting or putting any floor covering down.

Haha u should have seen my feet :lol: I just had my socks on then when I took them off my feet were full of grey patches!! No I'm not carpeting or putting any floor covering down.

Haha! Ahh, well I'm sure it'll be dry :)
Where did you get your squares from for the rest? I'd like some cheap ones if poss!

Haha! Ahh, well I'm sure it'll be dry :)
Where did you get your squares from for the rest? I'd like some cheap ones if poss!

I just got carpet mats for 2.99 and cut them down, I got 2 out of each. I also just got a couple for 79p from ikea!! I've used those in the bigger unit on the left. Or u can get carpet tiles from the range or b&q for abot £2.99. They're a bit heavier and more rigid so good if u don't want to tack them down like I have. I had some in my hutch but they did get weed on :roll: I'm hoping tho with the extra space in the shed they won't do that...

I just got carpet mats for 2.99 and cut them down, I got 2 out of each. I also just got a couple for 79p from ikea!! I've used those in the bigger unit on the left. Or u can get carpet tiles from the range or b&q for abot £2.99. They're a bit heavier and more rigid so good if u don't want to tack them down like I have. I had some in my hutch but they did get weed on :roll: I'm hoping tho with the extra space in the shed they won't do that...

Fingers crossed for you, we need more pics for when it's 100% finished :)
I like the look and feel of the heavier ones, we'd only really put it on top of a table or something so that when he jumps, he doesn't slide off the other end :lol:

Can't believe I've missed this 'til now.
that looks fab - so many bit of it for them to explore.
We've just this weekend modified our Trofast - cut a hole in the side wall of the bottom section as they rarely went in there - I think they prefer to have more than one exit.

Will be interesting to see where they choose to spend their time.

Can't believe I've missed this 'til now.
that looks fab - so many bit of it for them to explore.
We've just this weekend modified our Trofast - cut a hole in the side wall of the bottom section as they rarely went in there - I think they prefer to have more than one exit.

Will be interesting to see where they choose to spend their time.

Don't know if u meant yours or mine in that last bit but I can't wait to see where they spend their time :D At the moment, Summer spends most of her time in the litter tray and even at feeding time I've started hand feeding her one bit of food cos she just stays there looking all cute and looking for food I can't resist :oops: Her and Skye r either in the litter tray or on top of their bed box at the mo. I can't wait to see where their favourite spot will be in the shed, there's a lot to choose from :D

Don't know if u meant yours or mine in that last bit but I can't wait to see where they spend their time :D At the moment, Summer spends most of her time in the litter tray and even at feeding time I've started hand feeding her one bit of food cos she just stays there looking all cute and looking for food I can't resist :oops: Her and Skye r either in the litter tray or on top of their bed box at the mo. I can't wait to see where their favourite spot will be in the shed, there's a lot to choose from :D

oops - I meant yours! :)

Back