• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The shed!! Nearly finished *PICS*

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Well I've worked hard all week to get this done :D Still got some bits to do but pretty much there. Sorry about the poor quality pics, was running out of daylight by the time I finished so had to use flash. So here it is...

The right hand side, this table has water bowl and bottle, it's got Lino on top. I'm going to put something at the side to jump up, also there will be a litter tray underneath it.

Opposite the table is the trofast 'steps' that go upto the platform.

I've added a back and a door to the bottom trofast section with a hole in the door and in the side. It's lined with a carpet mat inside.

The view from the top of the trofast to the platform.

There's another little table on the platform with a soft carpet mat on top. The ramp isn't attached yet as I need to make a barrier for the sides. Underneath, in the corner will be the second litter tray.

The ramp rests on top of another unit on the left hand side.

This unit has a hole cut in the door and in the end (forgot to take a pic of that!) I've fixed a cotton rag rug to the top as it's quite a slippery surface. There's carpet mats inside too.

This is under the platform, another table with sisal 'curtain' and theres some bits of knotted sisal in the top (were supposed to be at other side but drilled holes in wrong side :oops:) These bits can be pulled up but not out, thought it might be fun for the rabbits! Also hung a giant willow ball!

Will take better pics of the table as there's a little gap to enter under it next to the trofast, adding even more interest!

I still need to add barriers onto the top levels of trofast and onto the ramp as said before. I also have a round hut that I was going to put in the middle but not sure there's really room for it :( Theres another bottle holder on the platform that you can't see in the pics, and there'll also be another water bowl there too.

Hope you like!! :D

Eta: just noticed u can see the other bottle holder in one of the pics :lol: Also meant to say the ramp has ridged carpet attached, hoping this will be enough grip as it's quite steep but I can always raise it with a couple of bricks if necessary :D

Last edited:
i'm seriously envious now. and I'm not even a rabbit. matthew tabitha charles and cecile will be demanding improvements if they see where your bunnies live.:D

Aw thanks everyone :wave: Just hope the bunnies love it so much they'll all agree to live harmoniously :roll: The real hard work begins on Friday when they move in... Eeeeek!!!

Wow that is a gorgeous set up, lucky buns.

Thanks for the photos as I am in the process of finding a shed and this has given me lots of ideas to think about.

Wow that's incredible, such lucky buns! :shock::D

Will they not chew the Sisal though? Mine would be at that straight away :roll:

Wow!!! :love: I love all the different levels and hidey holes. Really given me some thoughts on when I finally get a shed for my 2. I also love the way you have used the storage area as another level. I was just thinking of putting a shelf in for hay etc but I think I will try and do something like this. Thank you for the pictures, it really does look great :thumb:
Hope your buns love it - I'm sure they will :) Are you bonding your pairs into a quad?

Wow that's incredible, such lucky buns! :shock::D

Will they not chew the Sisal though? Mine would be at that straight away :roll:

Hi, sisal is apparently the only safe rope to use with rabbits (so I've read!) but u have to make sure it's untreated just in case they do chew it :thumb: I stole the idea from a few pics I've seen of similar things. The sisal I used separated more than I wanted so I think I'm going to redo it cos I've found a think for my drill that makes bigger holes :lol: so I won't have to separate the sisal into thinner strips! Will post updated pics :lol: Mine done seem to be big chewers, they'll ignore things for ages but then now and again I'll find something destroyed :lol: It's easy to replace if they do anyway. I was intending on adding wooden blocks and things but didn't get round to it, will be adding more toys and things at a later date :wave:

Wow!!! :love: I love all the different levels and hidey holes. Really given me some thoughts on when I finally get a shed for my 2. I also love the way you have used the storage area as another level. I was just thinking of putting a shelf in for hay etc but I think I will try and do something like this. Thank you for the pictures, it really does look great :thumb:
Hope your buns love it - I'm sure they will :) Are you bonding your pairs into a quad?

Hi thanks, glad u like it! Yes I'm hopefully bonding my 2 pairs into a quad :D Eeek!!

Back