• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The RSPCA PTS Girls Have Just Arrived (couple of photos added p26)

Aww well done, fab job! :love:

I suggest you be careful around them for a while as a bun I saved for being PTS for the same reason a few years ago ended up giving me a nasty bite after I was convinced they'd got it wrong. Still not a reason to end their life, but just a thought!

I suspect that if they did nip or lunge before it would have been defensive so yes am on the cautious side but I dont' mind the biting - I'm used to it!:D

But of course they will need to settle and be properly assessed, then rehomed correctly to people how understand exactly what having energetic rabbits is all about. The are quite boisterous so I'd say just based on their current behaviour, not to a family with very young children who expect rabbits that can be 'petted'.

I can see these girls would have been desperately unhappy in small accommodation (in otherwords the minimum rehoming standard of the RSPCA of 5x2x2 - our local main branch's minimum) and would have been desperate for more room. They will probably need a very, very large run to allow them to demonstrate their natural exhuberance.

Am going to keep them confined for a few days as we've had a bit of dominant behaviour from the lighter coloured sister - presumeably as they want to claim the new territory. Something to watch closely so we don't a falling out.

I suspect that if they did nip or lunge before it would have been defensive so yes am on the cautious side but I dont' mind the biting - I'm used to it!:D

But of course they will need to settle and be properly assessed, then rehomed correctly to people how understand exactly what having energetic rabbits is all about. The are quite boisterous so I'd say just based on their current behaviour, not to a family with very young children who expect rabbits that can be 'petted'.

I can see these girls would have been desperately unhappy in small accommodation (in otherwords the minimum rehoming standard of the RSPCA of 5x2x2 - our local main branch's minimum) and would have been desperate for more room. They will probably need a very, very large run to allow them to demonstrate their natural exhuberance.

Am going to keep them confined for a few days as we've had a bit of dominant behaviour from the lighter coloured sister - presumeably as they want to claim the new territory. Something to watch closely so we don't a falling out.

Yes I agree, they don't do it out of a liking for biting people - there are real reasons behind it, as you say like frustration from being kept in small accomodation or handled wrongly.

Hans, my bitey bun got better when he was neutered, but I think his problems stemmed from how he was kept before. He was super intelligent, much more so than any rabbit I've ever had so he must have been very bored and frustrated in a tiny hutch.

They are very lucky to have ended up with you.

Have been following these girls story via Jen's FB page - so glad they have found their way to you Helen. They are truly stunning young ladies,:love: I'm sure the right people will come forward to offer these beauties theiforever home they deserve, but in the meantime they have your fantastic facilities to enjoy.:D

A very stressed and unhappy Truly this afternoon.

Do you think she's made herself at home? LOL

FirstMorning065.jpg

Sooz will be so happy to see this! She is a little busy with a new addition to the family at the moment but i'm sure she will be back online soon.

What a wonderful outcome.

Sorry for my delayed response, I ended up going in to labour on Tuesday and my little girl has kept me busy since (plus the hospital wouldn't let me out until Friday afternoon)!

Thanks for the update, they are stunning little things and thank you so much for organising help for them, I was doubtful I'd be able to save them from so far away but my friend (the vet) didn't know who else to ask! Please thank Jenny for me too, I really appreciate her help. :D:wave:

Couple of photos from this morning.

I can see these two will be a handful. They are a million miles an hour, a bit destructive and I can see how this in itself might be why they have been given back. But how can you say that to the RSPCA - "they dug out all of their litter tray and chewed the hutch so I want to give them back" I don't think so. As for being aggressive, this so couldn't be further from the truth.

So here they are:

Two girlies, one much paler than the other.

FirstMorning015.jpg

FirstMorning017.jpg

FirstMorning012.jpg

FirstMorning032.jpg

FirstMorning033.jpg

FirstMorning001.jpg

FirstMorning023.jpg

FirstMorning019.jpg

I met these two girls in the fur last Thursday and they really are absolutely beautiful :love::love:

Hi Sooz!

Congratulations to you and your new arrival. Now that's what I call a reason for not being online.

A great week for you then!

And I should say that Jenny has been awesome with this situation. She has done all the work.

In fact I hope she doesn't mind me saying but she took another from the same place today to get him out too.:D

And I should say that Jenny has been awesome with this situation. She has done all the work.

In fact I hope she doesn't mind me saying but she took another from the same place today to get him out too.:D

Awww lovely pics although I have to say you really need to provide more hay :p:lol: Well done everyone, I think it's wonderfully kind and restores my faith in humanity when I hear stories like these.:D

Awww lovely pics although I have to say you really need to provide more hay :p:lol: Well done everyone, I think it's wonderfully kind and restores my faith in humanity when I hear stories like these.:D

LOL

Truly made the most amazing nesty thing in her litter tray today. Like she was burrowing to Australia. Big old cocoon over her head and hay all over the floor. It was a sight to warm the heart.

David the OH managed to have a picky uppy with Pretty twice today too which is very new. We are making progress here that's for sure. Not quite so nervous but they're deffo having fun.

Back