• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Lodge - renovation in pictures

Thankyou everybody. I feel very lucky, and I'm sure the buns will once they are moved in. At the moment they just want their garden back - there are pieces of playhouse everywhere! After this hard work I will have the hard work of attempting a big group bond, ideally of 7 but judging by Shadow's health I think I will do two pairs and then when Shad's time comes bond in Cinnamon and Sherby. I think. Nothing decided yet, but I am concerned about putting Shad through a bond (he has funny breathing and dodgy back legs, nothing that the vet can treat. He eats, drinks and gets around fine. Apart from being grumpy he does enjoy life, and looks better for having the youngsters with him as they keep his coat tip top for him :love:)

The playhouse is now all painted on the outside and in place at the top of the garden. Just waiting for the roofer to come and felt it, then I can push it back and up against the fence. All buns are very excited. I got a big IKEA coffee table off freecycle that I am going to use for one level inside. Once we are felted I can start the interior. Very pleased with how it is looking though :)
DSC03473.jpg

Thankyou everyone. I can't wait for the buns to move in. Operation bond in one week.

The paint is Cuprinol "We are the wood preservation society...". The light green is Willow and the darker green Sage. I'm very pleased with the colours. My big plan is to plant a green roof now, fingers crossed it comes through because I think that would be the icing on the cake.

Also need a good wooden sign company - any ideas? I would like 'The Lodge' routed into a piece of wood. My house is 1a, so I'm going to get chrome house numbers and the lodge can be 1b.

Flipping heck :shock: That's brilliant! Well done you! I have been looking forward to seeing this since you first posted about it and it was definitely worth the wait :D :D

Looking forward to seeing happy buns inside too ;)

Back