• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having three different areas

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
We have three different areas our buns can use 24/7: their playhouse, insulated and with removable perspex windows; their run, tarped at one end; Lopsy's old tiny mezzanine-style hutch, uninsulated with one door (meshed) open to the elements.

Over the colder nights they spent a lot of time in the playhouse, but as it got warmer (and we still put 4 out of the 8 windows in), they spend much more time in the hutch: I can tell because of which litter tray they use more! Today it was warm this morning but wet and they were both under the tarped area.

I really like that I have the luxury of having enough space that I can have different 'temperate' areas they can pick and choose from. I haven't done anything else to the playhouse for the colder nights but it's not been below 6°C here yet so no rush! They do have a soft hideyhole in the base of their cat tree but I've no idea if they'd use it, but I think they'd both fit in there! I think a cardboard box stuffed with hay would be enough for them :)

It's great they have a choice :) The shed should be fine as it is insulated and it's interesting to see which area they choose most, probably off the ground.

can you show me ?pics it
Aye :) Sorry, yes: damn Northerners in the office getting to me!

This is the playhouse into the run, and you can see the pipe coming out to the hutch. The tarp has a couple of plant saucers and a golf ball under it to stop water pooling.

11903765_10101699959880568_4030502373450480067_n.jpg

And here you can see the pipe from the run going into Lopsy's old teeny tiny hutch: we've also added the open-topped pen on here for some extra binky space, although Matt's put a tree's worth of hawthorn in it :) But you can see how tiddly the hutch is! Lopsy lived in that for over 2 years, poor kid.

11899753_10101699959885558_8378621120350596012_n.jpg

Back